Vivaldi slow, using too much resources

• So I've been using Vivaldi for a few months now, I find it more comfortable and appealing than other browsers, including Chrome, but as of lately (a week or so) it's been using 60% of my ram and 30% of my processor, acting slow and it's becoming quite annoying.

I've been browsing the forums and it says that in some cases it could be due to extensions, however I have 2 extensions (And I've had them since I started using Vivaldi) and I've never experienced this issue, which leads me to believe it was brought by an update, the extensions are Adblock and ScriptSafe (to block scripts that override adblock).

The version I'm running is 1.8.770.56 (Stable channel) (32-bit) (Because apparently there's no 64-bit version????)

Does anyone have any information regarding the issue and if I can fix it?
    Otherwise I'll have to end up using a different browser.

I'm running it on:

Windows 10 x64 PRO
    8gb of DDR3 RAM
    FX-6300

• Hi, may your profile is corrupted, rename your "Default" directory, path you find in Help > About.
    After restart Vivaldi create a new clean one.
    You can copy a lot back but passwords and extensions gets lost.

Cheers, mib

@mib2berlin: Passwords and extensions are NOT lost if you are copying within the same user space - only if you switch users or re-install windows. However, it's not recommended to copy the extensions back, as frequently THEY are the reason for the slowdown.

• @Ayespy I have re-installed windows, however I haven't copied user settings or anything.
    I've just reinstalled and re-configured my extensions.

• @Ayespy said in Vivaldi slow, using too much resources:

@mib2berlin: Passwords and extensions are NOT lost if you are copying within the same user space
    Ah, I forgot.
    @Awpii, you get the slowdown after reinstall Windows and Vivaldi?

• @mib2berlin No, after Reinstalling windows and vivaldi, it was working just fine, until a week or so ago after I updated, I started having issues.
    However, I had already re-installed everything a month or so ago, and I had my both extensions working fine.

• @Awpii said in Vivaldi slow, using too much resources:

The version I'm running is 1.8.770.56 (Stable channel) (32-bit) (Because apparently there's no 64-bit version????)

there is a 64-bit version. it can be found here:
    https://downloads.vivaldi.com/stable/Vivaldi.1.8.770.56.x64.exe

..and the latest snapshot can be found here:
    https://vivaldi.com/blog/snapshots/vivaldi-1-9rc-1-vivaldi-browser-snapshot-1-9-818-25/

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.