Stable Version 64-bit Is 32-bit?

• Downloaded and installed the stable 64 bit version of the browser, but system shows it is running as a 32-bit app.

@liyin: How do you mean "running as 32 bit?"

• Vivaldi runs as a 32-bit application

@Awpii: I don't see any evidence of that here. What are you looking at? It's compiled as 64-bit. Its PE architecture is 0x020B so it can only be run with a 64-bit processor (or in special cases, a 2X32 processor emulating 64-bits). What are you looking at that tells you it's not using the full 64-bit architecture? It uses RAM and processor cores like a 64-bit, as nearly as I can tell. Task Manager/Details/Platform column says it's running as 64 bit. So where are you getting your data?

• @Ayespy Clicking about in the help tab shows "1.8.770.56 (Stable channel) (32-bit)"

@Awpii: That's because you installed the 32-bit version. You can install the 64-bit version right over the top of it if you like, merely by going to the download page https://vivaldi.com/download/ and selecting 64-bit rather than 32-bit.

• I downloaded the 64 bit version, which agrees with filename.

Did a scan of the file and it shows as "Type: 64-bit", but in the About page it says "32-bit" and runs as a 32-bit app.

0_1492954264209_S3.png

0_1492954142230_S2.png

0_1492973164230_s5.png

0_1492954703651_s0.png

• You should scroll down at https://vivaldi.com/download/ and select the 64bit!

• I downloaded the 64-bit version of the browser, to make it clearer this is a fullscreen screenshot:

0_1492958131573_ss.png

• @liyin But you showed us the 1.9! Not the installed 1.8 in your about page screen shot!

The red icon means 1.8 Stable, the black icon 1.9 Snapshot!

• In Windows the Vivaldi browser pinned shortcut points to the version that ran last.

For example, it pointed to the 64-bit version and had the red icon, but after running the 32-bit version from its folder the pinned shortcut changed to the black icon of the 32-bit version and now starts the 32-bit version.

Target field still shows the same Program Files (x86) folder for both versions.

@liyin: Ahh. Well, at least it's clear now that 64-bit really is 64-bit and 32-bit is 32-bit. Not sure how your system got them mixed up, but it would seem everything at the Vivaldi end is accurately labeled and is donwloading from the proper links. Thank you for clarifying the basis of your remarks.

• On my Windows 10 there are some problems with taskbar pinned desktop shortcuts, sometimes it starts the wrong Vivaldi version.
    But i can not compare my situation to your's as i use a 1.8 Stable system-wide as default, a 1.9 tester version as user default and some 1.8 Stable + 1.9 Snapshot 32/64bit as Standalones.

@Gwen-Dragon: Interesting. I have not experienced this with Win10 on any machine at any point, but I have read a couple of forum comments over the last couple of years where a Windows desktop shortcut for Vivaldi even started the wrong chrome-based browser (like, say, Slimjet) altogether. I'm not sure how that can happen.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.