Opera Server Name Completion (was DNS Issue)



  • This site can’t be reached
    ouo.io’s server DNS address could not be found.
    Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
    DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

    Can reach the website using Firefox.



  • @liyin You mean this one?
    0_1492822227819_upload-6721ed7b-c935-4237-bcb9-5f84454f9bfc
    ..............................................................................................
    Tower & Lappy = Maui Linux 17.03 x64 Plasma 5.9.3.
    Vivaldi 1.9.818.22 (Official Build) dev (64-bit)
    Revision bbec133a3745a0d97b9bd4da75e07ddb18f71ff7
    OS Linux

    ..............................................................................................



  • Finally, had to use www.ouo.io, instead of ouo.io.



  • @liyin
    Hi, I can open both links. Probably the DNS. If I can suggest you, try OpenNIC


  • Moderator

    With www and without works for me.

    Seems the startposter has a broken DNS server.
    Please check the DNS settings in your OS, network card and internet hardware (router, modem, proxy etc.).
    Perhaps some Internet "Security" software causes thsi behavior.
    Or a Windows Insider installation?



  • Why -1 ? What's wrong with my post?



  • I think Firefox adds the "www" and that's why it loaded the page, similar to how old Opera would try ".net", ".org" when you entered an incorrect address.

    I'm using CryptDNS.


  • Moderator

    The domain provider CryptDNS has is a public Namserver?

    Did you try in Windows DOS window to ping and traceroute?

    ping -4 ouo.io
    tracert -4 ouo.io
    ping -6 ouo.io
    tracert -6 ouo.io
    ping -4 www.ouo.io
    tracert -4 www.ouo.io
    ping -6 www.ouo.io
    tracert -6 www.ouo.io



    1. Ping request could not find host ouo.io. Please check the name and try again.

    2. Unable to resolve target system name ouo.io.

    3. Ping request could not find host ouo.io. Please check the name and try again. (IPv6 is disabled)

    4. Unable to resolve target system name ouo.io. (IPv6 is disabled)

    5. Pinging www.ouo.io [104.20.2.139] with 32 bytes of data:
      Reply from 104.20.2.139: bytes=32 time=50ms TTL=56
      Reply from 104.20.2.139: bytes=32 time=50ms TTL=56
      Reply from 104.20.2.139: bytes=32 time=55ms TTL=56
      Reply from 104.20.2.139: bytes=32 time=53ms TTL=56

    6. Trace complete. (10 hops)

    7. Ping request could not find host www.ouo.io. Please check the name and try again. (IPv6 is disabled)

    8. Unable to resolve target system name www.ouo.io. (IPv6 is disabled)


  • Moderator

    @liyin But this proves that you use IPv4, but your DNS resolution works incomplete.

    Try to enter in DOS box (cmd.exe):
    ipcofig /flushdns
    ipcofig /renew



  • I tried today and worked with ouo.io.

    Not sure what is going on, but two days ago something wasn't working right with DNS.

    I changed DNS servers and is better, but is not 100% fine (like what happened yesterday).



  • I'm using stable 1.9.818.44 and DNSCrypt and can't access ouo.io unless I manually add prefix "www."

    I have tried many different servers and they seem to work with any other website I visit.

    I remember Opera 12 allowed you to enter prefixes for it to try automatically when there is a problem reaching a site as entered.

    Vivaldi has a "Domain Expansion" setting with "Prefix" and "Suffix" fields, but don't know what it is supposed to do, I press Ctrl + Enter and it changes the URL to the domain top level, nothing else.



  • Also happens with drugstore.com. Added the www prefix manually and it worked.

    Since I'm forced to enter the "www" prefix for some URLs, it would be nice to get Opera's server name completion functionality in Vivaldi. In Opera v12 everything was done automatically without pressing a keyboard shortcut.

    0_1494601022351_1.png


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.