Forum and Privacy: real name on email notifications and profile [FIXED]

• In the age of facebook my observation may sound odd, but I see that user's real name is added to the email notification and is visible in the public profile. Frankly I think this is not in line with the usual function of a forum where the Nicknames are used for a reason. IMHO a settings to opt in/opt out the personal data sharing should be added.

• @moderators

Sorry I missed there was a privacy room, so please, move the thread there.

• If you get a notification about this reply, it will not have my full name. Why? Because they don't know it! I only told them my first name, the rest I left blank … so that's all they could tell you.

• @sgunhouse:

If you get a notification about this reply, it will not have my full name. Why? Because they don't know it!

Obviously.

But that's a workaround, not a solution.

For the record, a workaround feasible IF the user is aware of the problem, which is not said.

• Vivaldi Team

This should be fixed now :)
    Can you check to see if it's working for you?

• Hi tatsuki

Indeed the real name isn't present anymore on the emails. Thanks ;)

Is still present on the profile where an option on the privacy section would be apreciated

• What do you really expect with all the data sharing of all the sites …THINK you are anonymous? Get with the real word I use NO SOCIAL media don't need it, don't want it, problem solved. I don't have that problem following me everywhere with unknown un-deletable cookies etc. you gave up privacy when you signed up to me on "Social" media!! I'm not that narcissistic or ego I have a job.

• Vivaldi Team

@The_Solutor:

Hi tatsuki

Indeed the real name isn't present anymore on the emails. Thanks ;)

Is still present on the profile where an option on the privacy section would be apreciated

Actually, you can do that already ;) You can configure how can see your real name.
    Go to https://vivaldi.net/settings/edit-profile or from the settings menu, and hit the icon next to your real name.

• Ah Ok

I missed that tiny icon, thanks again ;)

I' still have some difficults to get used to this board engine, I'm an envison-board guy :P

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.