Tab Crashed, Others Not Responsive

• Vivaldi (latest snapshot) doesn't work well with many tabs opened.

I was writing a post here when the tab crashed and some of the already opened tabs were non-responsive.

Doesn't happen with Firefox v51 in my older PC.

• @liyin said in Tab Crashed, Others Not Responsive:

Vivaldi (latest snapshot) doesn't work well with many tabs opened.

What means many?
    What is the content fo the tabs? Video? Flash? Other (which)?
    How much RAM do you have?

I was writing a post here when the tab crashed and some of the already opened tabs were non-responsive.

Strange. never had this on my Windows 10.

A Snapshot is not a final version of a browser, it is a testing version for new features and may show bugs under some circumstances.

• This post is deleted!

• @Gwen-Dragon

I'd say 20 tabs or less.

Content was mostly text and images, one tab was Vivaldi forums. Around 5 of those tabs were the same page (another issue).

Can't remember if I had a paused video in one of the tabs. I'm also using uBlock Origin.

3GB RAM

When the forum tab crashed I got the typical Windows (8.1) dialog window and after that the forum tab wasn't there.

I would have ignored it except for the unresponsiveness of the other tabs, which are set to not load until they are viewed (if I'm not mistaken).

The OS was responsive.

I was trying to figure out something else when this happened so can't remember some details.

I understand Chromium could be more demanding on memory than Firefox, but since Firefox has been quite stable it was unexpected.

True, it is a snapshot, just wanted to let you know.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.