Option to disable the feature auto switching to new tab

• When I open link in new tab, Vivaldi always switches to the new tab. I hope we have an options to disable that. This is very important when we would like to open many links from just one starting page (such as reading newspapers), it is even more important if user has a slow internet connection (LIKE ME :sick: ), as he can open new pages in background and spend time to continue browsing the current page while the new pages are loaded.

• Ctrl+Click requires both hands, that's a disadvantage in many cases.

Auto switching to new tab is not enabled by default by most browsers. And it is hard for us to do a frequently tasks in different ways when using Vivaldi together with other browsers.

• Middle click.

• @The_Solutor:

Middle click.

It does not work here. Is this a bug?

Also, this is the first time I hear about middle click, does it also work on other browsers?

• @caibi:

@The_Solutor:

Middle click.

It does not work here. Is this a bug?

If you have a logitech mouse and you are using its SetPoint control center be sure the central button is seta s central button (looks like a word joke but it isn't ;) )

Also, this is the first time I hear about middle click, does it also work on other browsers?

It's an opera feature since the stone age, but over time was cloned by any other browser with tabs (so not IE6, for example).

P.S. You may find useful middle click on a tab to close it, middlle click on the empty tab bar to open a newtab (the latter isn't implemented (yet) in Vivaldi.)

• @The_Solutor:

If you have a logitech mouse and you are using its SetPoint control center be sure the central button is seta s central button (looks like a word joke but it isn't ;) )

The fact, I have never used middle click in my life :)

Also, I did go into Windows 7 x64/Control Panel/Mouse, I searched everywhere but I did not find where to enable middle click. My mouse is not logitech, it is genius :)

• @caibi:

@The_Solutor:

The fact, I have never used middle click in my life :)

Also, I did go into Windows 7 x64/Control Panel/Mouse, I searched everywhere but I did not find where to enable middle click. My mouse is not logitech, it is genius :)

It's simple try to use the middle button in explorer, if it works in explorer but not in vivaldi, vivaldi has something wrong.

If the middle click doesen't work in IE too, your mouse or your mouse setting has something wrong.

I dont know Genius' settings, but logitech has its own proprietary control panel DIFFERENT from windows ' one.

And there the middle button isn't disabled, is assigned to another function, by default.

Usually no actions are required to enable and/or properly assign the third button if the stock MS drivers are used.

• @The_Solutor:

It's simple try to use the middle button in explorer, if it works in explorer but not in vivaldi, vivaldi has something wrong.

If the middle click doesen't work in IE too, your mouse or your mouse setting has something wrong.

I dont know Genius' settings, but logitech has its own proprietary control panel DIFFERENT from windows ' one.

And there the middle button isn't disabled, is assigned to another function, by default.

Usually no actions are required to enable and/or properly assign the third button if the stock MS drivers are used.

My mouse is plug-and-play, following Microsoft standards, no driver installed/required.
    My middle button does not work on Explorer too. But if I double click it, I can scroll by moving mouse pointer => no problem with hardware/driver.
    I do think that middle button will not work on many other computers too.

• @caibi:

But if I double click it, I can scroll by moving mouse pointer => no problem with hardware/driver.
    I do think that middle button will not work on many other computers too.

A single middle click is needed to get the on screen scoller.

So it's definitely a problem of your mouse HW, or a weird setting stored somewhere in windows, or a third party utility that interfere someway.

Another possibility is that a proper tool/drivers downloadable from manufacture's web site is needed to get the mouse working properly.

Anyway this is a nice little utility that helps to customize the buttons actions, for basic mice lacking their own sw.
    www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm

With it you can even emulate the middle button on a 2 buttons mouse, same as the unix way: left+right=middle

• @The_Solutor:

A single click is needed to get the on screen scoller.

So it's definitely a problem of your mouse HW, or a weird setting stored somewhere in windows, or a third party utility that interfere someway.

Another possibility is that a proper tool/drivers downloadable from manufacture's web site is needed to get the mouse working properly.

Anyway this is a nice little utility that helps to customize the buttons actions, for basic mice lacking their own sw.
    www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm

With it you can even emulate the middle button on a 2 buttons mouse, same as the unix way: left+right=middle

OK. I have just tested/mixed 3 mouses on 3 laptops. It looks like that my primary laptop has a driver that disables middle click :(
    My laptop is HP, I wonder if drivers from HP is the reason. My life was so good without middle click :) I won't install utilities just to simulate it here.

Also, most laptop touchpads do not have middle button, the issue is still there for cases without mouse plugged in.

• @caibi:

OK. I have just tested/mixed 3 mouses on 3 laptops. It looks like that my primary laptop has a driver that disables middle click :(
    My laptop is HP, I wonder if drivers from HP is the reason.

It's likely

My life was so good

Be sure your life can be better, given a properly working mouse is good on any program, from explorer to notepad++

Once used to it you will see you can't live w/o the third button, I use just thinkpads and dell E series mainly for that reason.

I won't install utilities just to simulate it here.

I've not said you have to emulate it, i said you can IF the middle button is missing.

The main purpose of the linked utility to assign correctly the buttons so try it, likely it intercepts your mouse clicks before the crappy HP sw, making your mouse working as intended.

the issue is still there for cases without mouse plugged in

An option, as in Opera tradition, is always welcome, reversing a default behavior is less welcome.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.