Completely unusable!!!!

• Hi,

first I was very pleased to see some movement on Browser Market, today the browsers are full Operation Systems, stack with thing you do not need and which hurts performance.

After years of happy Chromium usage, the browser got so much blown up, that it was unusable for me under windows (the inofficial build thing is another issue).

Then Opera came up with their version of Chromium, great thing, so I took this on, until now.
    It is working, it is fast and it is stable, but on 8GB Ram and Win 8.1, you have to look out not opening too much tabs or running the wrong extensions.

Now I tried Vivaldi the second time!

And again, it is unusable, said to say, but that is the truth.

First it can not installed as user and also had to run with Admin Rights, REALLY DUDES????

Second, I installed some common and well spread extensions, which are crashing the browser completly.

On 5 tabs on idle and 2 tabs in use, the browser rocket skyed the memory usage.

I tried to loud the community site and was at 1GB only for the vivaldi main page and the board!!!!

Crashed on uBlock Origin, when clicking the wheel.

Session Buddy links can not openend by leftclick.

After crash the well handpicked organized extensions are ordered in a complete mess, I know this is "normal" for new Chromiums and specially Customazations, but it is so annoying and time consuming.

Vivaldi and Opera (not to say about FF, Chrome, Chromium) are getting worser every version, I am bagging for some new Browser, without any Google shit in it and Javascript based engine, what about good old low level coding??

greets

• Hi, can you please add your Vivaldi version?
    I have 7 tabs open 3 extensions, one of them is uBlock Origin, and got ~700 MB.
    Browser is fast and snappy on a 7 years old discounter laptop and don´t crash for me last months of daily usage on 3 different systems.
    May you have an old corrupted user profile.

Opensuse Leap 42.1 x86_64
    CPU Intel T4200 4 GB
    GPU Intel GN 965
    xf86-video-intel 2.99.917-6.1
    Vivaldi latest snapshot

Cheers, mib

• @001101
    At the moment I've 23 tabs open splitted on two windows (including one music youtubestream which constantly runs since 07:30 this morning now it is 14:24 over here), running two extensions µBlock Origin (which works like a charm btw) and a user agent switcher - in addition I use 3 webpanels with newssites.
    This runs on a computer with the following insanely epic systemspecs: [email protected],70Ghz, 1,7Ghz | 4GB ram | win7 64bit.
    And overall vivaldi consumes the total amount of 902MB.

Btw this is my pc at work so I don't have anything close to adminrights - just saying.

I am not saying that vivaldi is perfect yet - there sure is a lot of work to be done - but on the other hand there seems to be some problem with your setup too. (This tab with the forum while I write only consumes close to 75MB - you can watch this when you press "Shift + Esc")

EDIT: To make my post a bit more productive and constructive -
    1.) What sites did you visit when the memory usage exploded?
    2.) With the wheel in µblock you mean the little gear-wheel that opens up the settings of µBlock?
    3.) What version of vivaldi do you use (you can look this up at vivaldi://about) and is is 32bit or 64bit?

• @001101

Completely unusable!!!!

Complete bullshit.

First it can not installed as user and also had to run with Admin Rights,

Install for Single user works, you do not need admin rights.

On 5 tabs on idle and 2 tabs in use, the browser rocket skyed the memory usage.

Not for me.

but on 8GB Ram

That is enough RAM. Windows 10 is running many apps and open programs and will consume max. 6 GB.
    And Vivaldi takes maximum 1.2 GB on heavy sites (video and big webapps) with 50 tabs.

I tried to loud the community site and was at 1GB only for the vivaldi main page and the board!!!!

Not for me.

Crashed on uBlock Origin, when clicking the wheel.

Not for me.

After crash the well handpicked organized extensions are ordered in a complete mess,

After a crash some settings or data files may be broken and this results i disorder.

what about good old low level coding??

What about good old respect? and not telling the devs what they have to do?
    Some parts are low level C* and some are built with React, JS, CSS and HTML5.

@001101: With installs on nine different machines here, some dual-booted, I have multiple versions (Stable, Snapshot, "Sopranos" or insider) installed. In toto, I have fifteen different installs on nine machines, on three OSes (Win10, Win7, Linux Mint 18.1 Cinnamon). NOT ONE (read: none, zero, zilch, nada, a complete absence, not any, a null value) of my installs has even a single one of the problems you complain of.

I wonder what is special/unique about your setup, your hardware or your installation method?

• @Ayespy PICNIC, perhaps? :smirk:

@Steffie: I always assume there could be something in the box. "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

• @Steffie said in Completely unusable!!!!:

@Ayespy PICNIC, perhaps? :smirk:

Or the infamous ID-10T error?

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.