Is this depressing or nothing to worry about?

• Vivaldi isn’t even listed in this browser market share list:
    https://www.netmarketshare.com/browser-market-share.aspx?qprid=2&qpcustomd=0

I hope we can start seeing it soon.

• Would be interesting to see a number. But it appears to be really low, especially considering that the desktop market is smaller than the mobile one anyway.

• @luetage I wonder if it included in the Chrome numbers?

• @g_bartsch said in Is this depressing or nothing to worry about?:

@luetage I wonder if it included in the Chrome numbers?

Probably, if Netmarketshare do not update their software, Vivaldi is seen as Chrome.

These tools usually work by analyzing and counting visits on sites that have their tracker, grouped by user agent. Here is the user agent for the latest stable build (x64 version on windows 10 x64) :
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/57.0.2987.138 Safari/537.36 Vivaldi/1.8.770.56

If the software doesn't know how to recognize the Vivaldi part of the user agent (here Vivaldi/1.8.770.56), it will discard that part and default on what it knows, in this case Chrome/57.0.2987.138.
    That seems likely, as Vivali isn't even in the drop-down menu for browser family, whereas Opera is.

So the raw number of users may not be the only problem here, the fact that Vivaldi is both a small and recent actor probably accounts for its absence from the list...

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.