Password saving intermittent/not working since 1.8 update

• Having trouble getting my passwords saved in version 1.8, Windows 10.

I had been using since 1.7 and saved all my passwords there.
    Recently upgraded my PC, and installed a new version of 1.8.
    After it had been first installed It would take me 2-3 times logging in before the save password window showed.
    On the first day of use I got 4 passwords saved, and it never asked me to save any since then.

Facebook, google, amazon, I can't get to work.

Tried re-installing, same issue, works a couple times at the beginning, then stops.

• Did you delete the profile folder before reinstalling?

• Installed 1.9 today.

Fresh install, made sure to delete the profile folder.

Same problem is happening.

Vivaldi saved the first 5 passwords I tried and none are saved since then.

@letoii: What, if anything, are you doing in terms of extensions? Do you run any 3rd party security software?

• No extensions, no third party security software.

• Are the passwords are really not saved?
    Have a look at internal page vivaldi://settings/passwords

Is the not-save-password issue on the same domain/URl or different?

• @Gwen-Dragon said in Password saving intermittent/not working since 1.8 update:

vivaldi://settings/passwords

New ones are not saved. I see only 7 passwords, they were the ones I created on the first day I installed the program.

Same thing happened with 1.8, and 1.9.

Since the second launch, I have not gotten the 'save password' option displayed on any site I logged into, including this forum.

• Found the problem.

This is due to my multiple-monitors setup. The password saving prompt will show only if the web page is being displayed on my main monitor.

On the second monitor, the save prompt does not show.

I've now got several passwords saved in a row while working on the main monitor.

@letoii: Perhaps it's not so much which monitor, as which window? Perhaps password saving is working in the primary window, but not any derivative windows.

• @letoii Please report the important issue with the password popup/prompt on second monitor to Vivaldi bugtracker.
    Please explain the bug carefully!

If you found a bug, please report the issue to the developers to fix it.

How to do a bugreport for Vivaldi
    Report every bug seperately at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/
    Describe the issue as precise as you can.
    If you use any extensions please give information which ones you use.
    If you have a URL or a own testpage which can checked, add it to the bugreport.
    If you have own testcase files (HTML, CSS, JS etc.) add them to the confirmation mail you get after report.
    If you have a screenrecording video, you can attach it to give the developers a hint how this might happen or look like.
    You will get a bug confirmation mail and in a reply to this mail you can add more information and files as attachments for the testers and bug tracking team.

Thanks in advance for helping us to make Vivaldi better!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.