New Google Earth

• Hi everybody, can you tell me why I'm not able to open/load new page for Google Earth - (totally fine on Chrome). Same problem with local Slovak page - (never stop loading). Thanks.

• @jan.simko

Confirmed (though I don't know why) on Win10 x64 with latest snapshot (1.9.818.3).

At first I thought it was because of content blockers, but no, even when allowing all content, it indeed loads ~11 MB of data then stops and the progress/loading bar is stuck (not Vivaldi's, but the one on the Google Earth page).

Though, it doesn't work much better on Chrome here. A text appears with "Loading (...)" but doesn't load more than that. Chrome emits a warning in its console though :
    NativeClient: PnaclCoordinator: Compile stream init failed: reply not received from PNaCl translator (it probably crashed)

Maybe an issue with graphics drivers ?
    What are your Vivaldi / Chrome versions ?
    (Latest Vivaldi snapshot is based on Chromium 58, on my PC it's chrome 57; also Chrome includes fixes that aren't included in Chromium's codebase)

You are welcome to report the bug to Vivaldi, optionally linking to this forum thread; or maybe at Chromium, if the render engine is (and it probably is) the culprit (I don't have any other Chromium-based browser myself so I can't tell)

• @jan.simko
    Seem the site built for Google Chrome only.
    I tested with Chromium, Firefox, & Opera.
    Found people talk about it

I can't find any report about it at except about Google Earth apps or Google Earth plugins, which they also didn't work.

As far I could follow, it's all about NaCL not available in Chromium & of course Firefox. Continue to investigate why, I just find NaCL has problem to be build on Chromium and... it's abandoned(?). Some people (in thread I gave above) also ask why Google Earth Web built based on abandoned API.
    Seem working fine here. Turn off all your ads blocker or any blockers on this site.

• @dLeon said in New Google Earth:

Seem the site build for Google Chrome only.
    As far I could follow, it's all about NaCL not available in Chromium & of course Firefox.

I see, so it would be the Google Earth site itself that does poor User Agent sniffing and detects Vivaldi as Chrome ?
    Indeed on other browsers (Edge,Firefox) I see a prompt stating the site only supports Chrome, but not on Vivaldi.

• @IcePanther
    No, not UserAgent sniffing.
    It's the API it self isn't available anywhere else outside Google Chrome.

• @dLeon

Yes, I understand that the NaCl API is not available in browsers other than Google Chrome, I was talking about the lack of a message that Vivaldi isn't supported (which could be attributed to Google using UA sniffing as opposed to feature detection to detect which browser is compatible, because vivaldi has Chrome/58.0.3029.55 in its user agent).
    Sorry I Ididn't express myself more clearly.

Anyway, not a Vivaldi or Chromium bug then. (Bad browser detection on Google Earth website + NaCl not supported (intentionally by Google / not in upstream Chromium))

• @IcePanther
    Ah, okay. :grin:

In August 2017 one of our devs told me that Vivaldi will not support NaCl feature.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.