Problems with Hardware Acceleration on Macbook 2008 (NVIDIA 9400M)

• Hey there.

First, again, thanks to all Vivaldi developers. You are doing a great Job!

I tried to set up Vivaldi on my brothers MacBook and wasn't able to activate Hardware Acceleration. So No WebGL content works, HTML5 videos don't start, Flash Videos are buggy. In summary you can't use Vivaldi .
    After some hours of research without success, I thought maybe on of you has an idea:

in standart settings everything looks like that: 0_1492277806100_Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-15 um 19.19.52.jpg

But, all points in Graphics Feature Status are available when activating "ignore-gpu-blacklist". It seems that the Graphic Card in this model is blacklisted.
    Anyway WebGL doesn't work, neither does flash or html5 video. On some sites there was content, but extremly buggy

I did a lot of research about new drivers, settings or hacks that activate acceleration on this MacBook for Vivaldi, because it works well in Safari and Firefox.

Do you have any idea how to solve that? Otherwise I think I have to accept, that Chromium simply doesn't support this graphic card.

Thanks in advance

Data:
    Vivaldi 1.8.770.54

MacBook 5.1 (Late 2008) with Mac OSX 10.9.5
    Processor Speed: 2.0 GHz
    Processor Type: Core 2 Duo (P7350)
    RAM Type: PC3-8500 DDR3
    RAM Size: 8GB
    Video Card: integrated GeForce 9400M
    VRAM: 256MB

0_1492278315677_Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-15 um 19.20.08.jpg

0_1492278339326_Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-15 um 19.20.26.jpg

• I can definitely confirm your findings. However, this is not Vivaldi's doing but rather Google's; I'm not sure if Apple updated their legacy NVIDIA driver or if recent changes to Chrome/Chromium's GPU acceleration code caused some instability. Either way, something happened recently that forced Google to blacklist the driver and now we're kinda stuck. Hopefully this is just a temporary situation until a workaround can be developed or the driver in OS X gets updated.

• Hi xyzzy,

thanks a lot for your answer! So we will wait, maybe there will be some changes in future.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.