Change cache folder

• Re: RAM cache
    I found Vivaldi new browser today and start try and is I see this is awesome browser.
    But when I search for cache folder and try to change it to RAM Disk I see that is impossible. Sh..t
    I must stop use this browser cuz we cant change cache folder location. That is important for me.
    And I hope devs do something soon about this and must peoples need possibility to change cache folder location.
    Sry for my bad english.

• @strikbi You don't mention your Operating system
    For windows try (disclaimer: I haven't used this myself)
    https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/2446/how-to-change-the-cache-folder
    and https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/8237/set-cache-size

• The switch method is one of several solutions mentioned there, though that has the problem of requiring you to run the browser from a shortcut which you've modified with the switch. That's not always the case, as the browser can start via other means.

The portable install is probably the simplest sure bet, though a RAM disk or symlink are also popular.

This is one feature that should be in preferences though, along with the size.

• @strikbi -- ...& further to TbGbe's advice, for Linux this works fine for me:

Launch V [SS in this case] with this option: --disk-cache-dir=/tmp/vivaldi-snapshot-cache ... having already setup /tmp to run as a ram-drive by this line in fstab: tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults,noatime,mode=1777 0 0

Quite a long time ago i had a similar enquiry to yours; the fstab part was easy [& benefits my whole computer experience, not only my browsers], but i couldn't see how to force V to use it for cache. Wise & kind community members here educated me. If you hang around here, you'll enjoy not only a fabbo browser, but also a nice community.
    ..............................................................................................
    Tower & Lappy = Maui Linux 17.03 x64 Plasma 5.9.3.
    ..............................................................................................

• @rseiler said in Change cache folder:

The portable install is probably the simplest sure bet,

Not sure what you mean?
    There is no "portable install" of Vivaldi. There is a standalone install but that just uses folders under the install directory, there is no "unplug" and its gone.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.