Can't access plugins page

• Why can't I access vivaldi://plugins?

I just installed the latest Flash version and want to check the plugins page but I get an error for several days now that says "invalid url".

Running on Windows 8.0 Pro, Vivaldi 1.8.770.54 (Stable channel) (32-bit). (I know there is a minor update waiting to be done but I doubt not doing it yet has any bearing on this plugin access problem).

• Please open Settings โ†’ Webpages
    There you can activate/deactivate some plugins like internal PDF, Flash or Video DRM.

• @Desiree said in Can't access plugins page:

vivaldi://plugins

chrome://plugins already kick out by Chromium upstream. So it's effect vivaldi://plugins.

Visit vivaldi://flash (chrome://flash) to see info about your current Flash.

• @dLeon said in Can't access plugins page:

@Desiree said in Can't access plugins page:

vivaldi://plugins

chrome://plugins already kick out by Chromium upstream. So it's effect vivaldi://plugins.

Visit vivaldi://flash (chrome://flash) to see info about your current Flash.

Ahh...didn't think about that possibility. I did what you suggested and it showed an earlier version of Flash installed. I then restarted Vivaldi and it showed the latest version installed. I couldn't remember if Vivaldi required a restart after installing a new Flash version (gecko browsers have not required that for quite awhile now) so I wanted to check after I installed the latest version.

Thank you as now I know how to access that Flash information and also know I need to restart Vivaldi for the new version to "take".

• @Desiree
    I think;
    "Restart" not entirely wrong but also not entirely right.

Plugin(s) run in separate container, so actually, need to "restart" is that container alone, not entire browser. Plugin container need sometime to "die" when it's wake up in browser session. Basically, for casual user, it's easier to tell them just to restart the browser than order them to "kill-restart plugin process".

That same with Firefox Multiprocess Plugin container & Windows OS services.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.