Word Lookup (like kindle)

• If I highlight a single word, it would be good to have a local dictionary give me a definition. This is what kindle epaper devices do.

• @bkso7 Try WordWeb. It works in any program, not just in Vivaldi. License conditions apply to the free version.

0_1492168017156_Kindle.png

• @bkso7
    There's current feature request thread, Feature requests for 1.9 / 1.10.

Some rather different (in what it does) dictionary request already there.

What you request more like Thesaurus?
    I'm not sure if that one requested in that thread. Feel free to add new request there if you don't find it, but just vote if you do find one.

Other method I use, but it's online.
    Use Vivaldi search method that accessible in context menu.

Example for Google Translate:
    https://translate.google.com/#auto/en/%s

Example Dictionary.com
    http://www.dictionary.com/dic?q=%s

• @dLeon I do not know how to make a post in the feature request thread. There is no option to make a new topic under that thread only "reply". But that gives no subject heading.

As to your question. Try to download a kindle soft app for your ios or android. Highlight a single word then see that it gives you the definition. The dictionary should be offline (a file already in the installation deb). Then it will be fast.

I also want to make more suggestions like a turbo mode (that turns off jscript), native windowing by default, pinch to zoom (for touch screens), and a javascript on off button for a toolbar. These are more basic requests for basic usability improvements.

• @bkso7 said in Word Lookup (like kindle):

There is no option to make a new topic under that thread only "reply". But that gives no subject heading.
    That's the same as in this current thread.

To Make A Heading

Just apply bold formatting.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.