Startup Behavior

• If I have 30 tabs open I will click the program icon and nothing will appear to happen for some seconds. Then the screen will go completely white for a moment. Then the Vivaldi window appears with all the tabs loaded. It's ready to go. Is this how it works for everyone else? This is OK once we know the behavior but if we don't have the Task Manager open we may not know the program is loading. And I'm assuming the initial delay will get worse the more tabs are open. Some immediate feedback the program is starting may be nice. Thoughts?

In the old days, such feedback was provided by a splash screen. Without those, on some of the much older systems, we'd never have known the system knew we wanted the program to eventually open.

• @Ayespy:

In the old days, such feedback was provided by a splash screen.

Yes. Do people want such a thing with Vivaldi? I believe I do.

• @RRR13:

I wish my Vivaldi would open the last tabs at all.
    All I get at startup is the homepage, no matter what tabs were open when I closed it. …

Heh… I'll gladly swap installations with you. I'd greatly prefer a browser to consistently open to my own homepage, rather than the last session I left from (as does this Vivaldi install). Perhaps proving again what a feisty, hard-to-please lot we users happen to be. ;)

• @g_bartsch:

If I have 30 tabs open I will click the program icon and nothing will appear to happen for some seconds. Then the screen will go completely white for a moment. Then the Vivaldi window appears with all the tabs loaded. It's ready to go.

Is this how it works for everyone else?

this happens to me very often, even with no tabs open.
    every now and then i have to kill vivaldi from task manager because it seems like nothing is going on and it's stuck at startup (no window at all).

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.