Free VPN inbuilt Service

• A free VPN inbuilt option, which can be switched on for individual pages or a whole browsing session or for a private browsing session. Its should be easily accessible to swtich on or off while browsing as well.

@sagar.nair - Vivaldi currently has no plans for this, but nothing is off the table.

• I don't know why some has down voted this post, being a system engineer I know that now a days it does matters while concerning about the security. That could be one of the many reasons of origin of Vivaldi from Chromium project rather than introducing some fancy stuffs in a project. So I still strongly believe you should strongly consider this feature asap.

• @sagar.nair said in Free VPN inbuilt Service:

I don't know why some has down voted this post, being a system engineer I know that now a days it does matters while concerning about the security. That could be one of the many reasons of origin of Vivaldi from Chromium project rather than introducing some fancy stuffs in a project. So I still strongly believe you should strongly consider this feature asap.

The problem is, why would you trust Vivaldi with all your data? I won't. All the people that are running the Opera VPN are being mined by chinese corporations since Opera is run by chinese now. Why would they offer you a service like that for free? Remember that when something is free, you are the product.

If you want a real VPN you should run your own and anyways you should gateway it through a couple layers/proxies. It's pretty expensive and technologically advanced to set up.

Free VPNs should be run only in fringe cases, where you need them for a specific application or usage.

• There is a topic for all feature requests, each to be brought up one at a time, where users can vote on them. It is Feature Requests for 1.9 / 1.10

• @sagar.nair There's also a topic when this issue has been discussed already, perhaps you'll find (or could add) something interesting there? It's Does anyone know of any good VPNs or VPN extensions?

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.