Vivaldi Enter KEY don't work

• When I start Vivaldi the enter key does not work in address bar. After 3 mins it have started to work.
    Also when i start to write address in the address bar that i have visited some time ago does not remember that it was visited.

Vivaldi: 1.8.770.56 (Stable channel) (32-bit)

• Does anyone recognize this problem? I have the same thing, although it does not occur every time I start Vivaldi. After starting the browser, I can type anything in the adress bar but Vivaldi is unresponsive to me hitting the enter key to actually visit a website. While typing, the clickable 'search google' line appears below, clicking that works just fine. The second part of the problem that Vinchi mentioned happens with my Vivaldi as well: if the enter key is not working in the adress bar, it also won't recognize whatever website's URL I'm typing from history or bookmarks.

My go-to solution is to restart Vivaldi (and again if I have to). I never waited for a few minutes to see whether it starts to work again by itself. It's quite annoying.

Vivaldi: 1.8.770.56 (Stable channel) (64-bit) but the problem started to occur in an earlier version

• MPKaboose opened a new topic with the same issue:

@MPKaboose said in Enter key in address bar not working:

Hello,

Recently, a few days ago, pressing the enter/return key in address bar does nothing, including searching or typing an address. After a few page loads (clicking to search, speed dial) it starts working.

I don't have any extensions that cause this behavior.

Vivaldi: 1.8.770.56 (Stable channel) (32-bit)
    Revision: e2cd2e0f9cc4bf56968f7869149c05302db06306

Annoying bug, I'm yet to find a workaround or a fix for it.

EDIT: The 64-bit doesn't have this issue
    Vivaldi: 1.8.770.56 (Stable channel) (64-bit)
    Revision: e2cd2e0f9cc4bf56968f7869149c05302db06306

Kinda forgot to go 64-bit with this one :)

Posting it here to collect as much information as possible about our issue. For MPKaboose, the problem was fixed by matching his Vivaldi-version to his 64 bit system. Unfortunately, for me it wasn't.

In the meantime, I could confirm that the problem goes away by itself after about 3 minutes.

• This issue is also happening with me on the snapshot

Vivaldi 1.9.811.13 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Revision 35854f736dbb314786439b2812292e7d9f41a72d
    OS Windows
    JavaScript V8 5.8.283.24

I start vivaldi, can't use the address bar by typing and pressing enter, but opening a new tab fixes the issue.

I do not have such isseus on Windows 10. Must be a issue on older Windows.

Please report your issue as a bug to Vivaldi.

How to do a bugreport for Vivaldi
    Report the bug at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/
    Describe the issue as precise as you can.
    If you use any extensions please give information which ones you use.
    If you have a URL or a own testpage which can checked, add it to the bugreport.
    If you have own testcase files (HTML, CSS, JS etc.) add them to the confirmation mail you get after report.
    If you have a screenrecording video, you can attach it to give the developers a hint how this might happen or look like.
    You will get a bug confirmation mail and in a reply to this mail you can add more information and files as attachments for the testers and bug tracking team.

Thanks in advance for helping us to make Vivaldi better!

• In my case, changing from 32-bit to 64-bit "fixed" the problem, same version same revision, I suspect something might have gone wrong in the settings, can it be?

Also to add, both 32-bit and 64-bit are portable installs.

• There is no portable Vivaldi installer. Don't mixup "Install Standalone" and portable, whoever says different it's not knowing what he's saying.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.