[Vivaldi Webmail] Importing Calendar events from Apple's Calendar app?

• Is it possible to import and/or snyc events with Apples's Calendar app? Thanks for any help.

//MODEDIT: Added title and moved

@Allsop: Stay tuned for sync, and the ability to sync with various sources.

• What do you mean sync calendar events?
    Does that mean the email client will have builtin calendar application like say Thunderbird/Lightning or Outlook?

That'd be pretty awesome! I mean the new internal history page has an awesome calendar view already, it'd be great if it eventually was recycled for something else.

@duarte.framos: So far there's no calendar for the Mail app. But one never knows...

• @Ayespy One can only hope :)

BTW if you are one of the lucky internal beta testers maybe you can answer this.
    Is it possible with the current mail app to save individual messages as eml files to the local file system, and specify Vivaldi as an app to open them later?

That'd basically be my only requirement to be happy with whatever comes out of the mail app

@duarte.framos: If memory serves, this was possible a few weeks ago. It is not possible at the moment. I know that the ability to save an individual email in a format readable in more than one way, is an aim. (The problem ATM isn't what format it saves in, but more that Ctrl+S doesn't really save anything at all.)

• Thanks for the reply, good to know.
    I hope the feature comes back eventually, being able to archive messages locally is one of my main reasons to use a desktop email client, as opposed to webmail.

I hope until release they consider adding it back :)

• @duarte.framos -- Oh yes, that would be excellent if/when it happens. I never used the internal email function of Opera back when Opera 12.x was my default browser, as i was an intensive Outlook 2010 user [especially its Calendar & Tasks, as well as obviously email]. After leaving Windoze for Linux, i now use Thunderbird+Lightning [email+calendar]. Whilst i will be curious to look at the imminent Vivaldi email capability, i can't at this stage envision it could become my default, due to the consequent splitting of the calendaring & email functions across pgms. If though Vivaldi was to allow me to have powerful calendaring & email together, i suspect i could walk away from TB in a heartbeat. In such case, for me, Vivaldi would truly become One Program To Rule Them All [my precious]. :-)
    ..............................................................................................
    Tower & Lappy = Maui Linux 17.03 x64 Plasma 5.9.3.
    ..............................................................................................

• @Steffie That would truly be lovely, my dream come true, I'd be able to fully ditch both Firefox and Thunderbird and have one single program to rule them all, for all my web and communication needs

@Ayespy said in Importing Calendar events from Apple's Calendar app?:

@duarte.framos: (The problem ATM isn't what format it saves in, but more that Ctrl+S doesn't really save anything at all.)

What about drag&drop a message to the desktop/file system, does it work/save anything? That is my current saving method under Thunderbird, though I'dd be perfectly satisfied with the Ctrl+S workflow.

@duarte.framos: Drag and drop is not currently supported. Here is what I can do: I can reveal headers/full contents of the email, highlight and copy those contents, paste them to a .txt document in notepad, and save it as .eml. Then I can open it from its local file location on my hard drive as a full-fledged email in any email client, exactly the same as it was originally sent. Then, if i want, I can change the file extension to .mbs, and open it in Opera 12.

• @Ayespy That is nice, only step missing is really an easier way to save, but that will already do nicely.
    I assume attachments are preserved in this process too, no? Can Vivaldi open those saved eml files fine?

@duarte.framos: ATM, inline attachments are preserved - but Vivaldi doesn't "speak" .eml at this point, and can only access a saved email if it has an .html extension - and then you can read it, but it's not properly displayed. All these ancillary functions are still quite rudimentary with M3. It receives, displays and sends emails beautifully. But doing other operations with them is hit-or-miss. It's still a baby - not ready to walk.

• As the original poster of this query can I point out that I am not talking bout email at all but rather about Apple's App "Calendar"; I want to sync events that I put in Apple's App with the Calendar that is part of Vivaldi! I don't know whether or not this is technically possible and am asking if it can be done.

@Allsop: There is no calendar which is a part of Vivaldi aside from the History calendar view. Granted, that entails a calendar-like framework, which could at some point be developed into a calendar. But there is no calendar in the browser.

• @Ayespy What is this then?0_1491811813012_Fig 1.jpeg

• @Allsop -- It's the Vivaldi WEBMAIL's calendar, which you just happen to be viewing in your V browser. But it is WEBMAIL, & is NOT the V browser itself. Just like when i do my online banking using V, does not mean that suddenly Vivaldi also runs a bank.

• @Allsop
    I believe no one actually figure you really mean integration to Vivaldi Webmail, as you seem never directly mentioned it beside only Vivaldi name which we expect it as the "browser" with future internal mail. Including me. :smile:

• @Steffie (I am obviously being rather thick here!) Am I right in thinking that this is a calendar that I can manually populate with events but can not sync with Apple's Calendar app?

• @Allsop said in [Vivaldi Webmail] Importing Calendar events from Apple's Calendar app?:

As the original poster of this query can I point out that I am not talking bout email at all but rather about Apple's App "Calendar"; I want to sync events that I put in Apple's App with the Calendar that is part of Vivaldi! I don't know whether or not this is technically possible and am asking if it can be done.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, what everyone is pointing out is that that calendar is part of Vivaldi Webmail service, not part of Vivaldi the Browser, which is what it sounded like you were asking.

The two are totally unrelated, except for being made by the same people.

And no, since it is in the internet, has far as I know there is no way to sync a web calendar with your local calendar, except possibly manually export it as .ics format.

• @Allsop -- I own/use 0.0000000 apple devices or s/w, & hell shall freeze over before i ever would. I'm therefore the wrong person to specifically advise you. I also do not use Vivaldi Webmail, but instead i use Thunderbird with the POP3 details for V to send & receive with my V email account I never ever ever do or would synch my Calendar with anything anywhere online, so again i'm unsuitable to specifically advise you.

I only weighed into this thread to answer your somewhat provocative / defiant question "What is this then?", coz i could see immediately from your screenshot that you were misunderstanding what you were looking at.

All that said, as you subsequently asked me a specific question, i have made an investigative attempt to try to help. Pls look at my screenshot, navigate to the equivalent section in your own V Webmail Settings, & see if you are able to use it in your objective. I hope that this helps, although i am not sure it will.

0_1491828928436_upload-f614d21f-19ee-4ddb-8570-039e4b887dd3

Tower & Lappy = Maui Linux 17.03 x64 Plasma 5.9.3.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.