Links created by dragging have weird names

• I know that's not a technical description, but weird is about the sum of it. I have brought this issue up a couple of times before with no resolution, but I just reinstalled Win 10 Pro and am now working from a fresh install of Vivaldi. Yet, the problem still persists. (BTW, Vivaldi is the very first browser I installed. ;)) Okay, so here's what happens: When I drag a URL to create a link, the link ends up with a weird name. A couple of examples:

Here are two links, copied and pasted from the Vivaldi address bar:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Professional-EASY-OFF-Heavy-Duty-Oven-Grill-Cleaner-24-oz-6-count/29159128

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tips/19-things-you-should-never-wear-while-traveling/ss-AAmSTU9?li=BBnb7Kz

I listed the names of the links below. They were created by dragging the URLs from Opera and Vivaldi address bars.

This is not a big issue, but I create quite a few everyday, and this becomes a really annoying and time-consuming problem as I have to manually edit the links to make them at least a little bit descriptive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Names Given by Opera:

Professional EASY-OFF Heavy Duty Oven & Grill Cleaner, 24 oz, 6 count - Walmart.com
    19 Things You Should Never Wear While Traveling

Names Given by Vivaldi:

ss-AAmSTU9

• I don't know how to show you guys the image of the links.

• I can reproduce this bug too with these links.

• Ok, instead of an image, I'm copying and pasting the names of the links:

Names Given by Opera:
    Professional EASY-OFF Heavy Duty Oven & Grill Cleaner, 24 oz, 6 count - Walmart.com
    19 Things You Should Never Wear While Traveling

Names Given by Vivaldi:
    ss-AAmSTU9

• @MVV_ Thank goodness. At least I am not the only one. Did Vivaldi give the same names to the links as mine?

• yes, url created via dragging take the latest part of the URL (the names are not totally random) and not the title page which is normal behaviour.

• @Hadden89 I am not sure if I understand. Are you saying that this behavior is the right one?

• I beg to differ on "normal", it's just how it was chosen when implemented in Vivaldi. Both naming ways can be either correct or not, depending on personal need.

• I meant that usually browsers take the page title as url name but vivaldi take the last part of the url instead; I don't use such function very often, however personally I prefer the first behaviour :)

• Vivaldi is really the first browser I've seen that uses URI file name as .URL file name.

@MVV_ said in Links created by dragging have weird names:

Vivaldi is really the first browser I've seen that uses URI file name as .URL file name.

Yes, it is very unusual.
    The missing feature for a better naming of desktop shortcuts was reported a long time ago.

• @Gwen-Dragon Thank you for all the feedback. It's frustrating when you're browsing a particular website, and you want to create two of more links for articles you want to save, you end up having to edit the name link so you don't overwrite the previous link you're created, or you end up with a link of odd letters and numbers (sometimes a single word) that gives no indication what the link is all about. Maybe this was a technical decision the Vivaldi team made, as you say. What I don't understand, however, is that many others have said they don't experience the same problem.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.