Empty Bookmark Bar

• I was just playing around with the bookmarks and it seems I broke my bookmark bar or I am just not seeing how to revert what I did.

As the title suggests this resulted in an empty bookmarksbar - so please just don't try to reproduce this (in case it is a real bug and not just "the problem is sitting in front of the keyboard") if you like your bar and don't know for sure how to get rid of this issue.

But it possibly is just a setting I screwed up / don't understand so here comes the reproducing instruction:

• I opened the the bookmark bar via Ctrl + Shift + B" (all bookmarks were there)
    • I opened the bookmark sidepanel
    • LMB on one of my folders
    • I ticked the Bookmark Bar box in the lower left corner --> this resulted in "only the links from this folder were shown in the bar" (so far so shiny)
    • I unticked the box --> only the links from my sidepanel that are not assigned to a folder are shown in the bar (?)
    • I selected all bookmarks and folders ticked the "Bookmark Bar" again --> the bar closed itself and were empty at reopening

Until now I am only able to fill the bar with the unassigned links or with the one that are contained by a certain folder or nothing at all but the way it was before (unassigned links and folders are shown all together) I am unable to reintroduce.

Sidenote: I rarely use the bar - I just wanted to test a few things how it behaves and if it might improve my surfing behaviour and such stuff - so there is no need to hurry. With this post I just wanted to make sure if it is a setting or if I stumbled upon a bug.

Thanks for reading and testing

• I can get the bookmarks bar to close itself, by selecting all folders, then disabling the (Show on) "Bookmarks Bar" checkbox. However, on reopening the Bookmarks Bar with my shortcut the box was checked again, and again all bookmark folders were displayed on the Bookmarks Bar.

Generally, I select just one frequently used folder to show on the Bookmarks Bar, and use the Panel to find other bookmarks.

• You must've done something else. I'm unable to reproduce that by following the steps you provided. By the way - please, change that instruction to ordered lists. It's hard to follow and refer to any of those steps when each one of them is followed by a "•" dot...

@zaibon said in Empty Bookmark Bar:

I unticked the box --> only the links from my sidepanel that are not assigned to a folder are shown in the bar (?)

I fail at this point - it doesn't show the bookmarks that are not inside any of the folders.

• Mmh so basically it is not reproducible - at least not with the steps I provided. So I guess I need to play around with those options a bit more to figure out where I went wrong and what else could've caused this.

@pafflick said in Empty Bookmark Bar:

It's hard to follow and refer to any of those steps when each one of them is followed by a "•" dot...

Good point - sadly I saw this a little too late to change it. But for further posts I'll try to remember ^^

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.