Vivaldi main/second windows is there a way?

• Hello, I work from home. All other browsers but Vivaldi does what I need it to do but highly prefer Vivaldi for work.

Basically I log in on a website it asks for a login like a facebook popup (vivaldi just opens a new tab) I log in, and back to page.

Then I enter in where I need to go aka I press join this chatroom in a sense and it pops up a small window to what the chat system uses "Vivaldi opens a new tab"

I need them to open as a new window.

Now for the main issue I have though... I can deal with the 2 issues above but...

From this work window I use aka through the internet on my chat job, I need each link to open on a separate window, so 1 monitor is the chat, the 2nd is links I am clicking on another monitor WITHOUT dealing with rightclick open in new window or anything like that, as I need each link to open on that one window I have dedicated to links.

This is where chrome/firefox/IE/Opera etc. comes in as they open my chat job console in like a popup window so it registers where I originally typed in www.myplaceIwork.com and logged in as the main window, while the popup where I chat with customers I can click links and they popup on my original as I mentioned.

I haven't been able to find ANY way to do this because my chat login console system is basically treated like a webpage and when I also click links on that area it just opens another tab making it impossible to quickly look things up while I talk to 5+ other customers at the same time.

If anyone has any idea what I mean and knows how to maybe do this that would be awesome, or if Vivaldi can look into it.

@forcefedflesh: That's being worked on. In fact, we had Vivaldi open popup in new window, but it had bugs and was withdrawn until the next stable release. (Popups were opening in tabs, but a true "new window" popup was more standard.) Anyway, I feel you have not long to wait until Vivaldi is performing the same way as other browsers with regard to chat popups.

@forcefedflesh said in Vivaldi main/second windows is there a way?:

I need them to open as a new window.

Opening window popups instead of tabs has already been introduced in Vivaldi 1.8 Snapshot but was later removed for further improvements. I'm suspecting that it will be back in 1.9 Snapshot and it might later come to 1.9 Stable as well.

Regarding your second issue - I don't know how the target attributes of links on your chat page are set. If they're set up to _blank, then you're getting the correct behavior. If they're set up to _parent then they should load in the parent tab (the one the chat tab originated from).

• @pafflick said in Vivaldi main/second windows is there a way?:

are set. If they're set up to _blank, then you're getting the correct behavior. If they're set up to _parent then they should load in

Well basically the popup is a web url but... it's my work screen, then when I click links in chat it pops them open on a new window and each link clicked is a new tab on that window.

I just hope I can see this work soon again then, as I been on and off vivaldi because I can't use this for work which it excels in for me.

:D

• If there's a way to send you guys what I mean and give you info, let me know.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.