Automatically delete browsing history

• Using the latest version of Vivaldi...I can't seem to find where to automatically delete all browsing history when the browser closes. Can someone direct me ?

• Vivaldi Translator

@stumped
    Not anywhere yet.

Currently we have option to keep history up to One Day in Vivaldi settings Privacy section. And of course, always run Vivaldi or tabs/link in "Incognito".

For always as "Incognito", run Vivaldi with Chromium command line parameter, example;
    vivaldi.exe --incognito

At least a person use hackish solution by using batch script to delete file History in Vivaldi or Chromium user profile.

Current request thread is https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/14250/feature-requests-for-1-8-1-9.
    I know that automatically delete history had been asked a few times on random threads. But it strange, I couldn't find request about it in that aforementioned thread.

@dLeon You've linked the old Feature Request thread. The latest one is here (that's also the request for the feature OP asked for).

• Vivaldi Translator

@pafflick
    Ugh, you right.
    I searched & copied the wrong link.

• Currently we have option to keep history up to One Day in Vivaldi settings Privacy section. And of course, always run Vivaldi or tabs/link in "Incognito".

For always as "Incognito", run Vivaldi with Chromium command line parameter, example;
    vivaldi.exe --incognito

Incognito loses history and caching entirely. Also you lose everything (including open tabs) when you (accidentally) close the browser window. This is because the feature was designed for a single use case.

Opera Presto (if configured correctly) conveniently keeps history and cache for the current session and even restores open tabs if you close and restart the browser (while getting rid of cookies, history and cache at the same time). It also offers private tabs, which nicely separates websites from your general browsing session (prevents them accessing your YouTube account cookies for example) while keeping track of related tabs which are allowed to share data.

Especially the latter should be the default for a privacy-oriented browser and work without special "private" preparation. A random website doesn't need to know where its visitor is logged in elsewhere.

• Vivaldi Translator

@jtsn
    OP asked about where "not keep history" setting when browser exit. Which I answered no where yet .
    And mentioned the current available options.

I believe more advance settings will come eventually. Hey, extensions icon shuffle had been requested for long time, now it's here. It will take times though.

Opera Presto (if configured correctly) conveniently keeps history and cache for the current session and even restores open tabs

Isn't that the week point?
    All I would do just take (steal) that history and cache then study it. History of what you did will be there, even if you clear the common cache, cookies & history. And for that tabs settings, all I need to do just run the browser, it open your last tabs.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.