Bug in opening bookmarks from address bar

• Since Vivaldi 1.8 there is a bug in opening bookmarked sites from the address bar.
    Scenario:
    I start typing a word and from the "bookmark" section and, when selecting the site I want to open, it opens a different site.

Remarks:

• This only happens when I use the keyboard arrows + [enter] to navigate and select a site from the results. It does not happen when I use the mouse to select a result.
    • It does not always happen. I'm assuming it has something to do with having multiple bookmarks that all start with the same name and that name was also the search term.

Example:
    Searching for 'social' and you have bookmarks "social facebook", "social twitter" and "social instagram" in the same folder.
    When using the keyboard to navigate, all these would open the Facebook page.

• @bakfiets said in Bug in opening bookmarks from address bar:

Searching for 'social' and you have bookmarks "social facebook", "social twitter" and "social instagram" in the same folder.
    When using the keyboard to navigate, all these would open the Facebook page.

I'm unable to reproduce that issue in Vivaldi 1.8.770.50 (32-bit) given the steps you described. I'm using the keyboard to navigate through bookmarks and it always opens the desired ones.

Are you sure that the typed phrase (in this case social) is not used as a nickname for some other bookmark? The only scenario in which I was able to reproduce that behavior is when I setup one of my bookmarks (let's call it bookmark a) to have test_phrase set as a nickname and a couple of others (bookmarks b, c, d etc.) to have test_phrase in their titles. Then, whenever I type test_phrase into the address bar and hit [ENTER] I will always go to the bookmark a - even if I select others using the keyboard. Clicking on them would still work as intended.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.