Why are we here?

• Why are we here? No, that is not a philosophical question about the meaning of life. Clearly there are former regular users of MyOpera who want a blogging platform, photo store or email service. Some want somewhere to link up with old friends, cyber or real. Frankly, I have no pressing need of any of these things which are catered for elsewhere. I am here out of nostalgia for the glory days of Opera and to show support for Jon and everyone else who helped to make it a great browser. Can they excite us again with a new project? Time will tell.

• @Terryphi:

I am here out of nostalgia for the glory days of Opera and to show support for Jon and everyone else who helped to make it a great browser.

+1

• @Terryphi:

Clearly there are former regular users of MyOpera who want a blogging platform, photo store or email service. Some want somewhere to link up with old friends, cyber or real. Frankly, I have no pressing need of any of these things which are catered for elsewhere.

I am here out of nostalgia for the glory days of Opera and to show support for Jon and everyone else who helped to make it a great browser. Can they excite us again with a new project? Time will tell.

Right on. My social needs are met elsewhere and more importantly in REAL life. I have no pressing need to stand on a soapbox and preach to the cyber crowds. But like you, I want to support Jon and am hopeful that he might have something up his sleeve. Good call! :)

• I would like MyOpera's spirit to get a second life because it has been great. :)

• @Terryphi:

Clearly there are former regular users of MyOpera who want a blogging platform, photo store or email service. Some want somewhere to link up with old friends, cyber or real. Frankly, I have no pressing need of any of these things which are catered for elsewhere.

I understand your perspective, but really - where do you find a really free site that provide those services? Many are "free" in the sense that they do not charge you money, but which are free in that they do not harvest and sell your data or flood the place with ads?

Which, of course, is one of the reasons why Jon deserves our support for his new activities :cheer:

• "We the littles " have also helped to make opera a browser with faithful members , even when Opera has had big bugs .Don't forget that , maybe we are not like you want but we are many …
    and if Opera was used by many people , it was because a blogging ,photos , mail and before with Unite , a great platform and like a family , not only made for nostalgics or geeks or encoder
    I think we search something different than FB , and other social sites . Else we would be go on them

• I'm here, at least in large part, because Jon is behind it. I saw what he and some others did with Opera during his years there. Based on what he did in bringing about a marvelous browser, I'm anxious to see whatever he does with this endeavor. Jon's always been associated with quality, well-thought-out stuff (Opera was a "thinking-man's browser" and community)… I think this will turn out to be no exception.

• Vivaldi Team

Thanks for your support. We will do our best to make it worth your time to stay here by building some cool stuff and services. :)

• Vivaldi Team

Well, I'm here because I again have a chance for being involved in something that will change the world. And it's not Vivaldi.net, of course :)

Vivaldi.net - it's just place for discussing something between many good and smart people. And it's something like business card that promise much more than just another new company. I'm sure, after Vivaldi.net you will see a lot of good and interesting services and products. And also you can be involved into the changing the world too! You can tell us about your vision, your wishes, your dreams related to Internet. And we will try to implement them together with you all.

I'm sure, when many good people gather in one place - something great will happen :)

• I'm here to follow up on what the great people I meet at My Opera are doing. So many great people with so great personalities are bound to create something amazing :)

• @Shpankov:

I'm sure, after Vivaldi.net you will see a lot of good and interesting services and products.

I'm sure lots of ppl hoping/counting on that :)

• i am here , because i wounder and be acquainted with other opera user

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.