Google docs generating hundreds of history entries

• I'll start by saying I love the new history feature, however I noticed today that when looking at my browsing yesterday that docs.google.com generated 992 entires, in contrast, the second was google.co.uk with 130, then youtube.com with 51. I'm assuming it's because of the never save functionality of docs, so it's refreshing in the background alot.

Here is a screenshot!

I'll add that this isn't killing the feature for me or anything, just something I noticed that the dev team might want to address.

• Vivaldi Translator

@thethirdtwin
    My comment just because I can't tell from the screenshot what your Google Docs addresses are.

I think it's like here in forum.
    If I visit & scroll all around here, the history filled with name I don't think I ever visit
    Only after I re-study the address that I know it's in fact correct.

I kind of like that.
    It's mean I can "predict" a page actually do something just from looking in History.

• This also happens with Google Translator, I like it because it has helped me once, I get back in a specific place of a sentence ... And it really happens with Google Docs.

• Vivaldi Translator

It's mean Chromium default actually do all of that logging.

Vivaldi New History Page practically only manipulate what data collected & show them more eye catching.

All of that fit with the blog
    https://vivaldi.com/blog/vivaldi-makes-history/

For your eyes only
    Vivaldi Technologies doesn’t collect your history data. All of this information is strictly private and local to your computer. What you get to see is the kind of data that could be tracked by third parties. Instead of trying to monetize it, we are giving you this data – for your eyes only. With the ability to analyze this information, you can decide if you want to adjust your online behavior or remove certain items from the list.

If Chromium/Chrome original History Page also did show it all this time, I fail to notice it.

The History stores every request which is done by browser.

• Actually, every history pushState() / replaceState() event causes the browser to save the URL in history, regardless of whether that URL was actually visited by the user or even if it's an invalid URL or it's pointing to a non-existent location.

In short words, those events are used to manipulate the URL of the page without reloading it. It's quite commonly used on many websites nowadays...

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.