Youtube 'Full screen not available' popup while in fullscreen

• I get the "Full screen not available" popup on each and every video after entering fullscreen on Youtube. So fullscreen works by itself but the popup is incredibly irritating since it prevents the controls from hiding. It appears on every video, viewing from youtube.com or 3rd party. No issues in Chrome or Edge. No extensions. Youtube always use HTML5, not flash.

Version 1.8.770.50 (Stable channel) (32-bit) on W10 x64

• @tsorn said in Youtube 'Full screen not available' popup while in fullscreen:

It's worth mentioning that this was an issue with 1.7 also.

• I remember some user reporting this a long time ago on Facebook:

(VB-24041) [Regression] [Win10] Can't enter fullscreen on YouTube - when the bookmarks panel is open and zoom set to 120%

This caused the "Fullscreen not available" error to appear, but it seems to be fixed now - or at least I'm unable to reproduce that bug anymore in current versions of Vivaldi.

Did you change the zoom of the page by chance? If not, could you try any of the following, to see if it helps? (This is a copy-paste, some might not apply here):

1. Force reload the page and all of its contents including scripts, styles and images (by default: press [CTRL] + [SHIFT] + [R] or [CTRL] + [F5]);
    2. Open the page in Private Window (by default: press [CTRL] + [SHIFT] + [N] to launch a new Private Window or select Menu > File > New Private Window). If the page works in Private Window, then go to step 4.
    3. Disable all extensions (if this resolves your issue, then try enabling them one by one to check which one is causing the trouble);
    4. Clear browsing data and restart the browser if necessary;
    5. Refresh your profile;
    6. Try another instance of Vivaldi to check if the issue occurs there too - preferably the latest Snapshot (you can download it from here). Don't update your current Vivaldi! Install new instance as "standalone", so that it doesn't interfere with your current installation. You can easily get rid of it later by removing the folder where it was installed.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.