Too many bells and whistles

• I think theres too many bells and whistles in Vivaldi. First security then bells and whistles in moderate amounts.

//MODEDIT: moved

• 0_1490969614184_th.jpg

• Vivaldi Translator

Interesting.

In this thread the OP want more bells & whistles.
    https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/15466/no-tab-animations-bad-tab-animations

And I think most in Feature Request thread are bells & whistles, including mine.

• Vivaldi Translator

@roaring
    That image, it's from Jigsaw puzzle?

• @dLeon Not sure.

• @knagsted: Vivaldi is ABOUT bells and whistles. They are the reason for its existence. Then, security and privacy.

• I do not especially intend or desire to disrespect the OP, but just simply as my generic remark, i want/need features, functions & intricate configurability. I hate being confined to arbitrary narrow limits defined by others [most especially when their interests are vested, not mine]. This is why Vivaldi is to me these days, as Opera was back in those days [& for that matter, as Linux is for me now after a lifetime in Windoze] such a highly valued & greatly welcomed asset. I cannot get my head around a concept of wanting less not more.
    ....................................................................................
    Tower & Lappy = Maui 17.03 x64 Plasma 5.9.3.
    ....................................................................................

• I think that Vivaldi has been clear and consistent in marketing Vivaldi as a browser for power users; that is, a highly-customizable browser with a lot of features.

Vivaldi is built using Chromium, and Chromium tends to score very well on security tests, but there are other browsers that seek (or at least promise) to deliver better security over and above what Chromium already offers as their main selling point. And then there's a project like Tor, which attempts to offer a great deal of privacy (not to be conflated with security). Tor and, to a lesser extent, Firefox have a strong focus on privacy.

I'm a little surprised that you aren't using one of these other browsers if you care a lot about security and privacy, and don't care much or at all about "bells and whistles."

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.