[Solved] Can't move Vivaldi to another Workspace.

• I'm in Manjaro Linux inside the xfce DE, but it really could be a multitude of desktop environments that support multiple workspaces. I have six workspaces on my computer. Mate, Cinnamon, Englightenment and Xfce all support multiple desktop workspaces.

Normally, when my workspace gets crowded, I can right click on the top of the window that a program is in and select to move the window to a different workspace. This makes it less cluttered and then I can just flip over to the other workspace and focus on that window I just moved there.

This is not currently possible to do, at least with this same method, using Vivaldi. I can't figure out how to move an open tab or separate instance of Vivaldi running in one desktop workspace to another. I can do it with Chrome, Chromium, Firefox, Midori, or any other program, but not with Vivaldi.

The only way I can get an instance of Vivaldi onto another workspace is to switch to that workspace and open a new instance of the browser. I can't just move one instance of an already opened browser and web page to another workspace.

This creates problems for me.

This drawback makes using Vivaldi cumbersome and I find myself switching back to something like Firefox or another browser, which work just fine with my multiple workspace environment.

Is there a solution to this that I am missing?

• @WayneB
    Try to tick "Use Native Window" from Settings > Appearance. After restart, WM menu suppose show up as usual.
    I know; Vivaldi default window frame suppose to support that menu. Still, on Linux, there's multitude of WM.

I use Openbox WM. Either using Native Window or Default Frame, I could use mouse to drag it to other virtual desktop/workspace.

Linux/Debian sid amd64

• @dLeon said in Can't move Vivaldi to another Workspace.:

Try to tick "Use Native Window" from Settings > Appearance. After restart, WM menu suppose show up as usual.
    I know; Vivaldi default window frame suppose to support that menu. Still, on Linux, there's multitude of WM.

I use Openbox WM. Either using Native Window or Default Frame, I could use mouse to drag it to other virtual desktop/workspace.

@dLeon That did the trick! Thank you. I will mark the thread solved.

• @dLeon

I tried to change the Tag line in this thread to "[SOLVED]" however, when I try to save it I get this error:

ERROR
    Post content was flagged as spam

• @WayneB
    :grin:
    Yeah, too many hiccup still haunt this forum.
    I believe one of the mods will close this after seeing your last post.

• Okay. Thanks. I thought is was me!

@Wayne: I (a mod, no less) was able to do it, but only after editing six or seven words in your post so the system didn't think it was a carbon copy of itself (and hence spam). I'm going to bring this up to the community managers. I get why the new anti-spam measure, but there should be an exception for you or a mod editing only your own title.

• @Ayespy said in [Solved] Can't move Vivaldi to another Workspace.:

I get why the new anti-spam measure, but there should be an exception for you or a mod editing only your own title.

@Ayespy Yeah it's silly if I can post the message in the first place but can't mark it as solved when there's a solution, even though it's requested that we do so. Definitely over use of spam filters, but thank you for helping out with that.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.