Shortcut for WYSIWYG editor conflicts with Vivaldi's

• Vivaldi Translator

Hi there,

When I opened my blog editor in Wordpress and wanted to make the fonts bold, I selected the text and pressed Ctlr+B. It worked but it also opens the Bookmark in the new tab.

I experienced this at previous release as well as the latest one.

Is this a bug or else?

FYI, I'm using Elementary OS at this moment.

Thanks!

• @sandalian -- Not a bug, just default settings. If you wish, simply change one or other of these this:
    0_1490850415223_upload-239d31f0-7c86-439f-a5c7-4b25b431c44e

....................................................................................
    Tower & Lappy = Maui 17.03 x64 Plasma 5.9.3.
    ....................................................................................

• Vivaldi Translator

@Steffie thanks for your prompt reply.
    It means that I have to choose either to use it as is or change keyboard shortcut for Bookmark, am I right?

Is it possible to detect if the cursor is inside a text editor it won't call the shortcuts?

• @sandalian -- You're welcome. I'm sure you've already discovered that at present, the default kb shortcut will open the Bookmark page even if your cursor is in a text box [when you might reasonably want it to act as bolding]. I'll have to leave it to my far more talented fellow community members here to advise if there's a cunning custom workaround. Pragmatically, what if you edited that default shortcut from Ctrl-B to say Ctrl-Alt-B -- then there's no longer a clash?

Also, i need to try to edit my initial reply, i'm an idiot & disabling single key shortcuts is irrelevant to your query, doh!

• Vivaldi Translator

@Steffie not a problem.

That's what I did, replaced the shortcut with anything else because I rarely open the bookmark tab.

Why open bookmark tab if I can open bookmark at the sidebar using F4?

Many thanks.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.