Vivaldi 1.8.770.50

• Thanks for the update today when I opened up, but it broke!!
    What could have happened please?
    This was an install on a MacBookPro, and I am reluctant to allow the "upgrade" on Windows 10 until we understand why it failed.
    The new "upgrade" install simply would not open.
    Tried a fresh download direct from Viv.com, and that failed exactly the same way.
    Anybody else having this problem?
    Thanks,
    H

• @hojomo What is viv.com? I don't even wanna click that link. Never download a Vivaldi version from anywhere but https://vivaldi.com/.

If you didn't download your original version from the Vivaldi site directly, I would suggest you delete the Vivaldi application from applications, and in addition the Vivaldi folder from username/library/application support/. You can access the hidden library folder by clicking on "Go" on top of the Finder, then pressing and holding the "alt" key.

This will delete all your stored modifications/settings/extension etc. too, but better safe than sorry. You should do the same for your windows install, in case it was downloaded from anywhere but the official Vivaldi site/blog.

@luetage: I think the user meant vivaldi dot com and was merely abbreviating. He didn't realize it would appear as a "clickable" link.

• Could as well be, but then he probably has to try without his profile anyway, not much else to do.

You also can test the integrity of your Vivaldi installation as follows:

• Open a Terminal window (Terminal.app can be launched from Launchpad and is located in the Other program folder.)
    • Type in the following command: spctl -a -vv /Applications/Vivaldi.app
      (I assume that you've installed Vivaldi in /Applications)

This command performs basically the same checks as Gatekeeper on macOS. You should see the following output:

$ spctl -a -vv /Applications/Vivaldi.app
    /Applications/Vivaldi.app: accepted
    source=Developer ID
    origin=Developer ID Application: Vivaldi Technologies AS (4XF3XNRN6Y)

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.