make speed dial more "readable"

• yandex browser has its own sort of speed dial, called "tablo" in russian, and it picks colors from site icon or page (i don't know exactly) and makes a sweet, nice looking logo out of it.

alt text

can we have something like this in vivaldi, right now vivaldi just makes a screenshot of a page, which is not as representable as what yandex offers, for example.

• This kind of option has been discussed several times (and is probably on the to-do list).

Personally, I don't like that kind of icon-only speed dial since

• I have several pages from the same domain so these would all look the same
    • It's actually easier to recognise "the white forum, the blue forum, the weather page, the news site..." etc. from the screenshots

• @kkruglov
    Customize able Speed Dials requested mutliple time.
    The new one (two if you want to look like your request), is in, https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/15385/feature-requests-for-1-9-1-10/108

• For the time being you can download icons/logos and use vivaldi hooks to set your own icons.
    Much prefer icons to a web page. Web pages can look too similar.
    0_1490794110988_075.jpg

• One thing that I really wanted, and not even opera 12 had, was a way to explicitly set custom thumbnails; as in, upload an image from your computer. I just want to be able to right-click, hit 'edit', and along with the url and nickname have the option to set the thumbnail.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.