Feature requests for 1.9 / 1.10

@aderitobonito It's accessible via this link (it may change in the future as Vivaldi adapts more chromium features): vivaldi://chrome/settings/passwords
    BTW. Passwords in Chromium are protected (as a matter of fact they're encrypted) using your unique user account data. To view them, you have to input your user account password (at least that's how it works on Windows).

• Per-site cookies mangement (like Self Destructive Cookies)

I don't know if Vivaldi already have some feature similar to that, but there is a Firefox extension I use which I find indispensable on my daily navigation. It's called Self Destructive Cookies. Basically, it deletes all cookies from a site automatically using one of the following options:

• Destroy site's cookies after you close the tab
    • Destroy site's cookies after you close the browser
    • Never destroy cookies for this site

This settings are provided on a toolbar button, and I can set them on a per-site basis. The default setting for every site is to destroy cookies. This extension is very useful for me, as I never need to worry about cookies. For sites I use everyday, I just set it to never destroy it's cookies; Some sites I choose to destroy cookies after the browser is closed, so cookies are kept during my whole session; and for all other sites, the default setting is applied, which is to destroy cookies.

So, with this extension, I never have cookies from sites I don't care. It would be great to have a similar functionality on Vivaldi, to help me ensure my privacy easier. Right now, I can manage cookies on Vivaldi, but it's not practical for everyday use.

@aderitobonito said in Feature requests for 1.9 / 1.10:

I don't know if Vivaldi already have some feature similar to that

Partially. You can set cookies for specified domains to "Clear on exit" (they're deleted after restarting the browser). Those settings are accessible via this link: vivaldi://chrome/settings/contentExceptions#cookies or in the site settings on each web page - click on the globe/padlock icon in the address bar and under "Cookies" click on the "n in use" link. After blocking specified cookies, you can set them to "Clear on exit" in the "Blocked" tab.

Besides, I've seen similar request somewhere (not sure if it was in this topic or in the previous one, though).

• Option to change the progress bar at the bottom of the address bar, as the status-4-evar extension does for example ... ☺
    alt text

• New option for Default Webpage Zoom after click link from source tab

1. Static new tab with default webpage zoom set
    2. Default webpage zoom same as source tab zoom

Example :
    Default Webpage Zoom 110%
    Source Tab Zoom 100% (manual set from statusbar bottom right)

1. When click link from source tab it will be 110% (static as default set)
    2. When click link from source tab it will be 100% (same with manual set)

Thank you

• @dLeon I located the resources folder but could not find Reader_View.js (OSX).

• @calonton Isn't that what the setting, Webpages, Use Tab Zoom, does?

• @Pesala No, I tested and result is, new tab from source tab, back to default set 110% (not 100% [as I expected])

• @parakeet
    I'm in Linux/Debian sid amd64. Not sure how Vivaldi directory structure in OSX.

I download & extract current Vivaldi 1.8 stable DMG archive.
    And find the file around
    Vivaldi.app/Contents/Versions/1.8.770.56/Vivaldi Framework.framework/Resources/vivaldi/user_files/Reader_View.js

The content even identical with Linux version. The directory structure also almost same.

I need OSX user to acknowledge that.

• Go to the desired note folder after search into notes

Jump to note in the folder structure when search field clear.

• Tabs:

Introduction:
    I have 5 Tabs open. I choose to tab 2. I click on a link in tab 2. Now Vivaldy opens a new tab immediately right behind the root tab 2. I change back to the root tab 2. I click on an other link in that tab. Now Vivaldi opens a new tab behind the other tab which Vivaldi has opend bevore. (behnde tab 3).

Feature request:
    Would be great if a tab would be automaticaly marked with any sign or colour, if an other tab was opend with a link in this tab. So in the example above tab 2 should become any mark, because it is the root tab of tab 3 and 4.

Advantage: In this way we will habe a better order or structure in the tabs. We see which tabs are subtabs and which tabs are root tabs.

• Screenshot:
    I found the feature "select area for your screenshot" in the tools menu.
    This is a good feature.

But it is a pity that we can not select an area which is out of the border of the visible site. I want to select a big erea and I would have to scroll the page for picking the whole area. But this is not possible with this feature.

• Sessions:

I have a lot of tabs open in a window. Now I do not want to save all this tabs in the new session. Would be great if we could mark some Tabs and Tab groups which we want to save as a new session.

Maybe with ctrl+click, shift+click, ctrl+shift+click

• Option for Screenshot to not Open File Manager

Current problem:
    Every single screenshot would call/open file manager & go to screenshot directory.
    Due the nature of many current Linux GUI file managers, Vivaldi keep open new tab for every single screenshot.

• @Tabse

Maybe with ctrl+click, shift+click, ctrl+shift+click

If you already do that. Send the selected to other window. Then just save as session that new window.

• @dLeon Thank you.

• @dLeon said in Feature requests for 1.9 / 1.10:

For this one. Isn't Vivaldi already do this?

No, currently one has to drop the link onto the New Tab button, which is more difficult than using the context menu.

Dropping anywhere on the page would be better.

• @calonton You get 110% if the Use tab zoom is enabled, and 100% if it is disabled. I think it is the opposite of what one would expect.

• @Pesala Hi, yes it works. Thank you

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.