Feature requests for 1.9 / 1.10

• When we mouse over the tab bar and scrolling we can switch the tabs BUT I want to set switch speed. Sometimes I can t catch the right tab ^^

Speed Dial for Open Tabs

Users who open lots of tabs often then have difficulty finding the one that they want. PDF-XChange Viewer has a feature for quickly finding one document when working with multiple open documents.

• Click on the Tile Icon at top left to reveal a Speed Dial for all open documents.
    • Scroll if necessary to find the desired document
    • Click on it to open

Each thumbnail displays the current zoom level and page position of the open document. The background of the “Speed Dial” displays the current active document. IIRC Internet Explorer 9.0 had a feature like this. I cannot see it in IE11.

Compared to scrolling through dozens of tabs, or searching a list of names, this is way more efficient.

0_1495808800749_Quick Tabs.png

• @paralaks could be useful, but consider chrome is dropping apps on desktop (they will work only on chrome os) probably somewhere during this year. whoops, isildur already said that :)

• I've seen that other users requested the possibility to choose the language for the displayed pages (Accept-language) in the settings. I would also like to have a way bigger list of possible languages, and/or to make the list customizable. For example, I use Vivaldi in Sardinian (ISO code: sc) but even if I can choose it as an interface language it's not available as a language that I can add in the settings that I can open with:

vivaldi://chrome/settings/languages

• Also, it would be cool (if it's possible, of course) to have the bookmaks folders names translated in the different languages if you don't install Vivaldi in English. Example: if I install Vivaldi in Sardinian instead of "Tecnology", "Games" and "News", I get "Tecnologia", Giogos" and "Noas". Instead of "Shopping" I get "Còmporas" etc.

• @Isildur In Firefox we can delete entries directly by pressing "del" while auto-completing is active. I mean you clic on the field, it show up previous entries you typed, you can highlight the one you want and then press "del" to erase it from the browser database.
    It could be nice to have the same feature

• @wsedc said in Feature requests for 1.9 / 1.10:

I've seen that other users requested the possibility to choose the language for the displayed pages (Accept-language) in the settings.

Isn't that part vivaldi://chrome/settings/languages?
    I think that Chromium feature roughly same with Firefox one.

For example, I use Vivaldi in Sardinian (ISO code: sc) but even if I can choose it as an interface language it's not available as a language that I can add in the settings that I can open with:

vivaldi://chrome/settings/languages

Sardinian was part of Chromium abandoned language project isn't it? (Need confirmation from other translators). Hence you can't find it in that Chromium settings. Totally separated from Vivaldi internals.
    Vivaldi team just happen to pick up those abandoned Chromium projects.
    As far I can tell from Vivaldi translation project site, the Vivaldi translator for Sardinian still working on it.

• @wsedc

Also, it would be cool (if it's possible, of course) to have the bookmaks folders names translated in the different languages if you don't install Vivaldi in English. Example: if I install Vivaldi in Sardinian instead of "Tecnology", "Games" and "News", I get "Tecnologia", Giogos" and "Noas". Instead of "Shopping" I get "Còmporas" etc.

Already talked in mailing list. Personally, I'm not sure when this could be realized. Most translators still focus to translate Chromium parts I mentioned in my previous post.

• @jumpsq Well if there is no tab in front of the one that you are closing it SHOULD auto-resize, that's the point.

alt text

It should be convenient to close the tabs in both ways.

• Save a session

It would be nice to be able to save a session when it has changed.
    for the moment it's only possible to 'save as' with a different name.

• Just put the download speed in the download tab, its a simple & obvious thing i don't anderstand why u never fix this ...

Thx anyway i love so much your browser but this things really lack on Vivaldi

• Viryu 2 years ago
    I'd like to repeat my request for a quick bookmarks menu somewhere on the sides of the address bar, instead of having to have a third bar active. Opera 12 had something like that after clicking on the address bar, while browsers like Maxthon or Firefox have buttons next to the address field. It's the only thing stopping me from switching, sincve quick bookmarks browsing is a must.

My old request post from 2 years ago. I'd like to refresh my request.

• @Pesala

Mousehovering over this icon would be enough certainly : quicker and easier. I think even this 2D thumbail list would be better than 1D Ctrl+tab current interface.

• M2 (yes, M2) running in Vivaldi tab

As soon in "M3 comming soon" may be something between two month and two years, couldn't you make it possible to run M2 in a Vivaldi Tab (for those who still have installed Opera 12.16)?

Please.

@michaa7 said in Feature requests for 1.9 / 1.10:

M2 (yes, M2) running in Vivaldi tab

No! Vivaldi cant integrate, M2 is property of Opera ASA. Vivaldi Technologies will not add it. You can discuss this in a external thread if there is a need.

• @Viryu Until this gets added, you could try using Vivaldi Hooks, which can add a bookmarks menu to the address bar.

screenshot

• Video pop out would be really useful. Something like opera browser so you can pop out YouTube videos

• I wish to see option to hide trash icon, home icon, custom statup thumbs

• Option to reverse mouse wheel direction (page scroll and wheel gesture)

For the macOS stupid mouse setting :weary:

• Add a detachable video feature like in latests versions of Opera, in order to watch video while doing other things.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.