Tabs

• I'd like to see: 'When I open a link in a new tab, switch to it immediately'

• @ET10:

I'd like to see: 'When I open a link in a new tab, switch to it immediately'

+10
    Maybe we should try out Tabs To The Front.

• @ET10:

'When I open a link in a new tab, switch to it immediately'

Well, it works this way… at least for me.

• I'd prefer the option to focus on new tabs or open in background. There used to be a browser I liked a lot that let you do that. . .

• @maletero:

I'd prefer the option to focus on new tabs or open in background. There used to be a browser I liked a lot that let you do that. . .

When I started to use Internet, in '98, the connection speed trough a cellular line was 1KB/s (9600bps).

Open pages in background was not an option, was mandatory.

In that era I learned to not wast my time waiting minutes in front of a white page, and I still don't like to wait now. Even if the wait is reduced by two orders of magnitude are still present (and this very forum is a notable example :whistle: )

At the moment, right click + choosing to open in a new tab switches to that tab, while CTRL+Left click opens the tab in the background. I believe Vivaldi will have both options in the context menu, but this is still a Tech Preview. We'll need to wait.

• Hi there,

What I've been missing to open a new TAB by entering a URL from the address bar and pressing 'shift+enter'. That saves the step to open a new tab before entering a URL. (other browsers have it as 'alt+enter')

It would be great to have that again!

Thanks,

• Hi there,

What I've been missing in Vivaldi is to open a new TAB by entering a URL from the address bar and pressing 'shift+enter'. That saves the step to open a new tab before entering a URL. (other browsers have it as 'alt+enter')

It would be great to have that again!

Thanks,

EDIT: Sorry for double posting; I noticed a mistake and cancelled the submit… :pinch:

• Doesn't matter if it's a page link or an external link, should be able to wheel click it and go to it in a new tab immediately.

• Please no! -1000.
    Usually I read some article and open some links, but i don't want to lose the reading!!

the left click opens in current tab or opens target _blank depends on site config.
    the wheel click (middle click) opens always a new tab on the background.

But vivaldi should open the new tab next to the current (active tab), not the last on the list, anyway, is just a technical preview we should wait

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.