Setting Custom Background Image takes a lot of time to reflect

• I have to wait more than 10 seconds to see the changes in Background Image(Custom).
    I opened a new tab to check if the changes were visible in a new tab but it always took more than 10 seconds.
    What can be the reason?

I am using Vivaldi 64 Bit - Windows 10(5th Gen, i3/4 GB RAM).

• Vivaldi Translator

@utkarsh
    What size in pixel & file size of your image?
    Vivaldi Start Page troubled if it's too big in either case.
    I also notice it will troubled if "Scale to Fit" for too big image was checked.

If you're next question is "what's the max size then?". As user, I also have no idea.

• @dLeon Thanks for looking into my problem. I was using Photo of the Day from National Geographic website http://www.nationalgeographic.com/photography/photo-of-the-day/2017/03/northern-lights-lapland/
    Right Clicking on the image and "Use Image as Start Page Background". Most of the images are below 100 KB and I am not sure about "Scale to Fit". Can you please check website to confirm if any of the issues that you think of exist?

• Vivaldi Translator

@utkarsh
    No issue on that site.
    Beside, the image was downloaded/copied when we use it as background.

I have no problem using either the big (~99kb) or its small one (~77kb) as background. The pixel size was small too.
    I even tried use Speed Dial with many bookmarks & they all has thumbnails. Which mean re-draw each of them on Vivaldi Speed Dials/Start Page.
    New Tab Page just open instantly for me here.

"Scale to Fit", one of Vivaldi Start Page image background option. That one or "Repeat".

• @dLeon Thanks for you time. May be there is some problem in my system. Will confirm if the problem continues to exist after next update. :)
    Thanks again.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.