Opening links in current tab

• Hello,

Vivaldi's default setting is set on opening links in a new tab with a left-click.
    I was wondering whether there is a way to set my left-click to open links in the current tab, without opening a new tab.

Thank you

@bonezy: That's not the case. Do you mean opening bookmarks?

Left click on a link opens in current tab, and right-click offers you the option to open in new tab (which new tab focuses), background tab (in which case new tab opens in background) or "open link" which FORCES it to open in the current tab, even if coded to open a new tab.

If you mean bookmarks, there is a setting to turn off opening new tab, under settings/bookmarks.

• I'm having the same issue and don't see anything in options to change the default behavior.

I want to open links in the current tab by default and that's not happening.

I don't want to press a key plus click the mouse to do this, I want it as the default behavior.

• There is no setting to change this.

The default behavior with a left mouse click on a link is to open the link in current tab.

• @Gwen-Dragon

I installed latest nightly and went through settings (tabs) when I noticed this, but realized the page was Slashdot, which has this behavior for external links.

• @liyin Oh, yes, some webpages force users to open a new page with external links, not nice.
    Then you have to use the context menu "Open Link".

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.