open downloaded file from download completion notification

• When the download is complete, there is a notification message on the bottom right, I expected to open the downloaded file by clicking the message, but I was brought to the directory that contains this file. Is this (opening the directory instead of the file itself) intended? Anyone has any ideas? Thanks.

@zhangdl: Yes, that's what's intended. The file can be opened by double-clicking it in the download panel. In future, an "open" may also be added to the notifier.

• @Ayespy Thanks for the answer. What's the motivation of opening the directory? I might be wrong, but I thought most of the times one want to open the file after downloading instead of opening the directory...

Yes, I can opening the file from download panel, but extra actions needed, namely first F4 to open the panel and then F4 again to close it...

I would vote for opening the file by default, and opening the directory as an option.

@zhangdl: Don't know why they did it that way. Perhaps because it's a new feature, and that was the easiest implementation for the moment.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.