Expanded Text Attributes Variety?

• Right now we don't have the capability to change the Font, Font Size and Font Color in Posts. That makes for very limited formatting options. There are many different personalities among the different Vivaldi members and even different moods within each of us. It would be great if we can get an expanded variety of Text Attributes so that we can better express ourselves instead of being shackled to basically ONE cookie cutter LOOK.

• Do you mean posts in forum threads or blog posts?

In blog posts you have the ultimate freedom to set the fonts as you like if you have a basic knowledge of HTML and CSS, just switch the editor to source view and and add a similar style rule like in the following example to a paragraph or any other element you want to change:

This is a really ugly paragraph,
      set in Comic Sans MS, 
      the font size is 5 times that of the normal font size, 
      it is painted in some kind of pink color
      on a yellowish background.

```If you want to change it for the complete blog post, just enclose the whole blog post content like this:

HERE GOES ALL OF THE OTHER CONTENT 
     - aka the content you typed in the WYSIWYG editor
     - and it will inherit the style of the div

This paragraph too will inherit the same odd styling 
     like the paragraph in the example above 
     from the outer "div" element.

For forum posts I would strongly advise against such things because they might burn out the eyes of the reader.

• I was talking about Blog Posts.
    On MyOpera I usually incorporated a little bit of HTML Code here and there into my Posts to change Font, Font Size, Font Color and Font Background Color to modify selected text.

However, on a test post that I created here on Vivaldi the other day, my similar type of HTML Code that worked on MyOpera, doesn't work here.

For example, this is directly from one of my MyOpera Posts:

**Suntana LIVE!**

Why does that NOT work here on a Vivaldi Post? It used to work when I entered it directly into the MyOpera Post composing area.

What am I missing? What would have to be done differently for something as simple as that HTML Code to work here on a Vivaldi Post?

• Simply because the <font> tag is deprecated since ages for this doctype.
    Please use the STYLE attribute as shown in my example above.

It looks like this test post

Your example should read:

Suntana LIVE!

• Well that's just friggin' GREAT! Now I have to learn something new. I hate it when that happens.

Just Kidding! Thanks for the insight, QuHno! I'll go conduct some more experimenting on my test post and see if I can get the hang of this new approach that you brought up.

So was MyOpera outdated … or just different?

• I'd say different.

Never forget they had to stay backward compatible with the first posts that were made over 10 years ago.

I think my.opera already existed for some time when I became a member in 2003 (I was active in the newsgroups for some years and saw no need to enter my.opera before because the contact to the the real devs - not only the QA or UI guys and girls - was a bit more direct in the newsgroups). At that time the font tag was widely used in the web and of course in my.opera too, so they were doomed to keep it alive over the years :lol:

• Okay, so I crashed & burned on my 1st attempt at using that new HTML style. But, I got it to work on my 2nd attempt.

Of course, that was on one independent line of text. Now I'll go copy & paste one of my two current Posts into my test post and see if I can weave in and out of modifying text with that new HTML style … without wiping out Vivaldi in its entirety.

Anyway, yeah, it makes sense that MyOpera had to maintain being able to display the old posts that used old style HTML Code. And since Vivaldi is new, it isn't obligated in the least to mess around with old style HTML Code.

• Woo Hoo! Success! Your HTML Tips worked, QuHno! It took a little bit of trial & error to get the correct em parameters to achieve the desired Font Sizes, but I finally got there. I then copied & pasted the HTML Code / Source Code from my test post onto one of my latest two current posts to update it.

Interestingly enough, in the process of experimentation, I found out that the supposed "OLD" style HTML Code actually also works. The only reason it didn't work before when I said it didn't work was because that was before you told me about having to toggle the Editor to Source mode. So once I toggled the Editor to Source mode, the old HTML Code also worked.

About the only difference I noticed was that with the old HTML Code, the Font Size set at the Max of 7 cannot achieve the Font Size of the new HTML Code Font Size set at 7em.

Thanks for your help, QuHno! That Tip will certainly come in handy.

• https://vivaldi.net/blogs/entry/the-beefatarian-one-cure-wonder

Hey, QuHno, I need a little bit more HTML Code help.

I just put up a new post:
    https://vivaldi.net/blogs/entry/the-beefatarian-one-cure-wonder

It is the 2nd post in which I incorporate an image. As you can see, the text comes right up against the image. There is no space, gap, padding between the image and the text. And that's considering that I didn't align it in Justified mode like I do all my posts. Otherwise it'd really be an even bigger mess with ALL the text assimilating the image like the Borg in Star Trek. That lack of separation there bites.

Is there any HTML Code that I can add to my post so as to incorporate some separation space between the text and the image so that I can then comfortably use Justified alignment?

I already brought the issue up in its own separate post before. Hopefully it'll be added to the list of things to fix.

• open the post and switch the editor to source view.

you should see something like:

![b2ap3_thumbnail_Whataburger-Miracle-Cure-PS.jpg](/images/easyblog_images/819/b2ap3_thumbnail_Whataburger-Miracle-Cure-PS.jpg "b2ap3_thumbnail_Whataburger-Miracle-Cure-PS.jpg")

which is your image.

change the style part by adding some padding to all sites at once like this:

style="float: right; padding: 1em;"

you can add padding to the individual sites by either

padding-top: 1em; padding-right:1em; padding-bottom:1em; padding-left:1em;
    ```or just the shorthand:

padding: 1em 1em 1em 1em;

You can use **em** or **px** for padding, I wouldn't use **%** in this case ;)

Additional info about padding:
    http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_padding.asp

• Alright! Awesome! That did the trick, QuHno.
    I wound up just adding 15px on the left and 5px on the bottom.
    I left the top and right alone since those weren't affected.

I HAVE used the padding property plenty of times in the CSS Code Box at MyOpera. I had just never used it within a post with HTML Code. That's why I wasn't sure how to go about it within a post. I've done way more work with CSS Code than I have with HTML Code.

Thanks, QuHno!

• I don't know if i can write here for this question ?
    how to put a video to the center of my page with the , before i add

• @QuHno:

I'd say different.

Never forget they had to stay backward compatible with the first posts that were made over 10 years ago.

I think my.opera already existed for some time when I became a member in 2003 (I was active in the newsgroups for some years and saw no need to enter my.opera before because the contact to the the real devs - not only the QA or UI guys and girls - was a bit more direct in the newsgroups). At that time the font tag was widely used in the web and of course in my.opera too, so they were doomed to keep it alive over the years :lol:

I have seen thread 1 a couple of times (though I'm sure it's gone now), I think it was in 2000. If it still lists "Member since" for Haavard you could find out that way - he was second or third poster in the forum.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.