keyboard shortcut conflict on google docs

• When I use google docs on Vivaldi, some keyboard shortcuts conflit with the ones in the browser, like ctrl+b to bold text, for example. ctrl+f also opens a search box that doesnt work in the document, and is different from the one that also opens inside the document but is not activated, forcing me to click on it to be able to use it.

It would be nice if the browser let the shortcuts work the way google docs works everywhere else.

Thank you very much for your work, Vivaldi is the best browser I've ever used.

• @danielmaniezo You can edit the shortcuts to avoid such conflicts. Ctrl Shift B can be used for bookmarks. F3 can open the Find toolbar.

• I have this issue too. Asking us to remap standard shortcuts is a bit of an annoyance. I'm sure it depends on the website you are using whether you'd want this behavior or not. But in the case of google docs I'm very used to using Ctrl+F in other browsers (firefox and chrome) and getting the google docs find window rather than the native browser find window. I don't think using the native find has any application in the context of google docs.

As a workaround I did map F3 to find and it's a daily annoyance to remember that, on all websites other than google docs, I should be using F3 rather than standard Ctrl+F I have been using for many many years.

Why can't vivaldi behave as other browsers or at the very least give us the option to customize the behavior?

• @browseruser said in keyboard shortcut conflict on google docs:

Asking us to remap standard shortcuts is a bit of an annoyance.

I don't know why anyone would vote down a helpful workaround. The issue is well known, and a search would have found many threads on this topic. Since it is not as easy to fix as you might imagine, editing the default shortcuts is the best solution.

Note that Ctrl F will search the current topic on this forum

Or use the search function on the black toolbar, limit the search to the Feature Requests forum for the last three months.

0_1509528763095_Search Forums.png

@komposten said in Feature requests for 1.13:

Disable keyboard shortcuts while typing.

• I guess you're implying I down voted you which I did not. Nonetheless my comment still stands and while your workaround is helpful and certainly better than nothing it's far from an ideal for an end user. Thanks however for the referenced feature request, which is helpful because I can up vote it.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.