New spotify web player not working

• Hi all,

I've been using the spotify web player on vivaldi in Linux without any issues but it seems like their player has been updated and it now fails to play any music.

When I open the site in firefox, it requests that I enable DRM settings (ugh!) so I'm guessing that's the reason.

Stan

• @llaen
    I've got a feeling, because new Vivaldi Snapshot 1.8 based on Chromium 57, you'll need to renew libwidevinecdm.so.

Here lies the problem.
    @ruario script latest-widevine.sh only drag Chrome stable.
    Chrome 57 still at beta, at least till next week(?).

You'll need to download/extract Chrome 57 manually if you want the library right now.

• Currently I have Vivaldi 1.7.735.46 Stable and Chrome 56.0.2924.87. Spotify web player works (I have a payed-for account, premium or whatever it's called).

• Vivaldi Team

@llaen Makre sure you have the latest version of chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra

• It looks like they reverted back to the original player and that works in Vivaldi still.

I was being redirected to some new version at open.spotify.com which didn't work.
    Maybe they'll be replacing play.spotify.com with that sooner or later but who knows.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.