Browser frustratingly slow after the last update

• After I first installed Vivaldi, it was working well, but after one of the latest updates (not sure if the very last or earlier), every operation that involves opening a new window can take several minutes to complete. For example:

• opening a second window
    • moving an existing tab to a new window (when I tried to do it with a YouTube video, the sound still kept playing with no ability to shut it down other than killing the whole process in Task Manager)
    • saving any file (it shows up in the Downloads list, but nothing is happening after that; only after some time a Save window pops up)
    • sometimes even starting Vivaldi at all (when nothing happens, I open Task Manager and kill the process; then, after I double-click the icon again, several windows open and I can close the ones I don't need again)

Backup your browser profile.
    Try to reset your browser profile as described in https://help.vivaldi.com/article/full-reset-of-vivaldi/.

• Thank you. It worked. Copying the User Data directory didn't want to work for some reason, but cutting and pasting did. I started Vivaldi, closed it and ten moved the files back. The browser works much better now.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.