Autohide the bookmarks bar

• Please give us an option to hide the bookmarks bar after opening a link from it. Should be visible on the speed dial page and thats it. Just like Chrome, I dont want it to be there all the time.

• @saudiqbal One can set a shortcut to toggle the Bookmarks Bar. I already did that with the Status Bar, but hiding the Bookmarks Bar is also worthwhile as I don't use it that often. Shortcut "b" is better than what I had before "Shift B".

If you use single key shortcuts it's really easy:

b = View, Bookmarks Bar
    s = View, Status Bar

This is not yet in the Feature Requests thread, which is the best place to post it.

@saudiqbal I agree. A Bookmarks menu item on the macOS Menu Bar would also be most welcome.

This is not yet in the Feature Requests thread, which is the best place to post it.

@Pesala It's been requested several times in the past. It sure would be nice if the Vivaldi folks acknowledged those requests and published a roadmap of features that they actually intend to implement.

• @Pesala said in Autohide the bookmarks bar:

One can set a shortcut to toggle the Bookmarks Bar.

Thanks! I didn't know that. It's great. More room for content.

• It would be nice.
    In the mean time, just have changed default ctrl+shift+b to alt+b to show and then hide bookmark toolbar.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.