Importing bookmarks and settings

• I'd like to have an easy way to import the bookmarks, passwords and others settings from the current default browser. When installing Opera or Chrome you have this option, which is pretty handy. When you install Vivaldi, you get a very nice browser but it is "empty" and there is no easy way either to export your data from the old browser or to import them to Vivaldi during (or right after) the installation. I hope we can get this feature soon.

There is one, if you click on Menu > File > Import Bookmarks and Settings. Although not everything can be imported from every browser, it works for the most part...

• @cansaliebres

In detail, it is as follows:

Tools - Settings - Bookmarks - √ Show Bookmarks Bar
    Tools - Bookmarks - Import … - From …
    To move all your imported bookmarks to the Bookmarks Bar:
    Select all your Bookmarks (Ctrl + A) and drag & Drop them to the Bookmarks Bar

0_1488598587663_Import Bookmarks and Settings.jpg

• It's nice to see that one can import bookmarks and settings from Vivaldi too (and it is possible to change the default User Data location to a saved one).
    I'd like to suggest to add notes, saved sessions, form data, typing history, cookies etc. to the possible imports.

@cask said in Importing bookmarks and settings:

I'd like to suggest to add notes, saved sessions, form data, typing history, cookies etc. to the possible imports.

Such feature requests are already known by developers. Such better import will come in a future version.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.