Vivaldi not releasing memory, crashing and seizing like Firefox now with newest version

• Pretty much says it all in my title. With the latest version, I've had lots of stuttering, pages not loading, no cursor, and every time I find that there are from 700 to 900 megs of memory that weren't released from prior browsing, even though I closed the browser and signed out of the websites, and both erased all data, using Click 'N Clean and C-Cleaner. The only way to clear the memory has been through Windows Task Manager by deleting the Vivaldi instance that shows the high consumption.

• @disasterman Does the following solve your problem?
    Go to:

• vivaldi://chrome/settings/search#hardw
    • untick the box "Continue running background apps when Vivaldi is closed"

@disasterman: Can't reproduce this. What can you tell us about your system, your Windows version, your extensions, and any 3rd party security software?

• @zaibon Thanks! I will try this, but just discovered what may have been hanging it up... I was using AdBlock Plus, and noticed a huge speed increase and no problems when I disabled it and installed AdRemover for Google Chrome instead.....

• @Ayespy Thanks but the issue may have been solved. I had had several older versions of Vivaldi and changed nothing with my system. They all ran fine. The only thing that changed was the version of Vivaldi and one Adobe Flash update. But I may have just discovered what may have been hanging it up... I was using AdBlock Plus, and noticed a huge speed increase and no problems when I disabled it and installed AdRemover for Google Chrome instead..... SO evidently it was not compatible with the latest version of Vivaldi.

• Without a way to sync all, with other browsers, I will now be spending another better part of my day getting the 1.4 version set back up to my satisfaction. The 1.7 "stable channel" is a joke, since it obviously ISN'T , beings as how it has problems with extensions, and crashes when used,(FVD speeddial in MY case). I'm not willing to deviate from anymore extensions just to get a browser to work proper. And STILL not able to drag and drop(manage) extensions in the extension bar, is just plain shocking to me. Again, I cannot make Vivaldi my default browser....yet. Don't stop working on it though, it has been the most promising of all browsers for me so far. :)

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.