What the ....?!?!
I've been using Vivaldi for some time now. I really like it a lot. HOWEVER, like some others, I've been experiencing lock-ups and lately I've noticed a HUGE grab of system resources the longer it's been in use. For example, when I first open Vivaldi, I check the task manager and see it's using around 55-60MB. After it's been running a while (say over an hour) the browser seems bog down. When I check the TM, the browser is using around 210-230MB! Eventually, it locks up. Then, I kill it in TM, wait a bit, and restart it. After a restart, everything is good for a while but slowly, it starts hogging resources heading for a lock-up. Disabling extensions has no effect.
Anyone have any ideas what the heck is going on. To me it seems like a memory leak.
@fweezal I have been using Vivaldi since 5:00 am (nearly 14 hours) and the current memory use in Task Manager is 45.6 Mbytes.
So, without knowing which sites you are visiting, it will be hard to pin down the cause of the memory leak.
I suggest saving all open tabs as a session, then submit a bug report.
I also suggest editing your thread title while you still can to give it a meaningful description.
Specs: AMD A10-6800K, 8 Gb on Win 10 64-bit • Snapshot 1.8.755.3
I only have a maximum of 3 tabs open at any given time. Most of the time it's two: My start page (http://start.me) and the page I'm browsing at the moment. I used to get performance like you're getting. Not anymore. Seems like this behavior started about 3 updates ago.
One of the things I would do is test google-chrome to see if it behaves similarly.
When you press "Shift +Esc" you can open the build in taskmanager. It shows you what tab/extension/webpanel/whatever eats up your ram or cpu-power.
So this might help tracking down the culprit.
EDIT: Alternative way to open the taskmanager is:
"Vivaldi menu --> Tools --> Taskmanager"