Battery Life on Macbook Pro

• Downloaded Vivaldi today, and it's great, but the my Macbook 2016 Model's battery life is going down the drain super fast. I went from 86% to around 75% in 15 minutes.

Is this just me?

• @richie2k said in Battery Life on Macbook Pro:

Downloaded Vivaldi today, and it's great, but the my Macbook 2016 Model's battery life is going down the drain super fast. I went from 86% to around 75% in 15 minutes.

Is this just me?

Sometimes Vivaldi does that, but it doesn't happen to me lately.

I suggest looking at "Activity Monitor". Launch Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor. Then you'll see who's consuming your CPU time.

• You're not the only one.

That's exactly the reason why I gave up on Vivaldi (for a moment). While being slick and fast it was the #1 in Activity Monitor to drain power quickly. Even while doing nothing and displaying the start page.
    Chrome is doing better nowadays (sic!)...

I'm definitely planning to come back to Vivaldi, but this needs to change a bit.

• Are you using gfxStatus? I noticed that VIvaldi Helper calls for the discreet Graphics GPU, and that imposes a bigger draw on the battery of my late 2011 Macbook Pro. With gfxStatus, you can force the Macbook in integrated graphics mode and your battery lasts quite a bit longer. A long time user of Opera, Opera Help did the same thing for some reason...

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.