WebRTC microphone support issue



  • Hello! I have discovered an issue that has been brought up previously in some other threads, but they seem largely unaddressed in recent versions, though the threads are relatively old.

    The specific sites I tried are Google Voice Search and some sub-pages in roll20.net, both of which support WebRTC microphone use.

    The specific characterization of the problem is that the browser never notifies me that the site has requested use of the microphone, and I can therefore not reply and authorize the usage. There is also no evident permissions management tool in the settings that I was able to find, and so I cannot even manually create or revoke entries.

    Perhaps I've missed something, but there aren't that many settings, so I think it may just not be there. I'm willing to test and troubleshoot, and would appreciate any help, advice, or suggestions.



  • You can change the website permissions manually by clicking on the leftmost icon in the address bar (it's globe icon on HTTP and padlock icon on HTTPS sites). To change those permissions globally or whitelist/blacklist specified domains manually, go to: chrome://settings/content.



  • @pafflick

    Thank you for pointing out the location of those settings! I have to admit that it did seem inexplicable to me that those settings were not accessible, so I'm glad I was able to find them now with your guidance.

    While I'm glad that there is a way to adjust these permissions after they've already been set previously, I do believe that it would be beneficial for them to be reached from the settings area within the browser, as well. It seems fragmented to have them in a location separate from all of the other browser settings.

    Anyway, thank you! I think I have a resolution!


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.