Bug in search term?

• If I make search in a webpage as I type it gets to a point where all the earlier entries are getting erased.

For example, in a page I search for "Pesala" to read one of the post. But as I type at some point all the earlier letters erased. In the picture it happened until I type "l", the earlier entries "pesa" got erased. Initially i thought this may be due to single key shortcut enabled. But then I removed it. It still happens. Another point is it happens at any random letter not specific to "l" in some cases it happen when I type "s" here as well.
    I am not sure whether I have any specific settings which is doing this.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks.
    NB: I am using latest snapshot Win 7. 1.8.755.3 (Official Build) (32-bit)
    0_1487803485283_2017-02-22_14-38-26.png

• I guess you "Re-click" CTRL+F? If so, it's normal because browser thinks you will perform a new search, and erases old search for you. Never caused a problem for me, just makes life easier (so I don't need to erase manually).

• @nellaiseemai This is somehow caused by the dynamically created content and/or the URL manipulation which happens on this forum when you have the "infinite scroll" enabled. The page acts as if it was reloaded and the search box is refocused while you're typing, causing the typed letters to be highlighted and erased as soon as you type any new letter.

• @toxpal said in Bug in search term?:

I guess you "Re-click" CTRL+F? If so, it's normal because browser thinks you will perform a new search, and erases old search for you. Never caused a problem for me, just makes life easier (so I don't need to erase manually).

It not automatically erase.
    Notice that after you do the search, you move focus from the input box & you hit Ctrl-f again, your search will all selected?
    If you type anything of course your previous search will be deleted.

I think this how Chromium search work.

• @pafflick
    Thanks for the explanation.

As you pointed out I tried several other websites. This issue happen only on vivaldi.net web page.

May be for the moderators to fix.

NB: BTW, I love the Vivaldi forum more than the Vivaldi browser !

• I can confirm this bug, but it only seems to happen if I start searching while the page is being loaded. (And I'm on Linux so this isn't specific to Windows.)

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.