URL does not show when mouse over a link

• Hello,
    whatever the website, when I move my mouse cursor on any URL link like this one, I expect the URL for this link to be displayed in status bar at bottom of Vivaldi window. But it does not work. Nothing happens :disappointed:

My only workaround to make it displayed in status bar is the following :

• start a selection on the web page ( so, maintained left-button and drag on the page )
    • move over the URL while button is still pressed : URL does appear in status bar ! :slight_frown:
    Vivaldi 1.7.735.46 (Stable channel) dev (64-bit)
    OpenSuSE Tumbleweed - version of 20170211
    KDE Plasma 5.9.1 - KDE Framework 5.30.0 - Qt 5.7.1 - Kernel 4.9.8

Note that :

• I don't have this problem with other web browsers ( Chromium, Firefox... )
    • I have noticed other annoyances with "mouse over" in Vivaldi :
      • no popup when mouse is over Vivaldi tabs (so I cannot see the name of Website in this tab or thumbnail of its content). Sounds like a show-stopper for me, as tab management is a key feature of Vivaldi... :sweat:
      • in YouTube, mouse cursor disappears when over the played video and moreover player toolbar does not appear. I have to click in the video, then toolbar appears (but of course the video is then paused...).

I wonder if the problem appears in all other Linux distributions ? in Gnome/Mate/... ?

Thx in advance for any help.

• Did you activate the display of URL in overlay?
    Open vivaldi://settings/appearance/
    Select "Show Status Info as Overlay"

• Works foe me with display as overlay on Debian 8.7 KDE 4.

• @Ra0__ said in URL does not show when mouse over a link:

I wonder if the problem appears in all other Linux distributions ? in Gnome/Mate/... ?

Works for me (just hover over link) in Linux Mint 18.1 KDE.
    Options:

• Show Status Bar (active)
    • Show Status Info Overlay (inactive)

Edit: Vivaldi Snapshot 1.8.755.3 (64-bit)

• I will try to check with KDE 5 on my OS after i duped my VM.

Update: could not check with KDE 5 on my Debian as Plasma 5 crashed my Xserver.

• Hi,
    and thx for your suggestions.
    Unfortunately, still no success... :disappointed:

• @Ra0__ I fear it may be only your KDE Plasma 5 problem.
    I don't get it in KDE Plasma 4 on my Debian.

But try to reset your browser profile as described https://help.vivaldi.com/article/full-reset-of-vivaldi/

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.