Netflix Error Code M7053-1803

• Hey guys,
    I have been having some trouble getting netflix to work with vivaldi. I have followed all the instructions in this link https://help.netflix.com/en/node/32960 however have been unable to resolve the problem. I was wondering if anyone else was having the same issue and knew of a work around. I have also tried disabling all of my plugins which was no help either.
    Thanks,
    UndeadHacker

• @UndeadHacker said in Netflix Error Code M7053-1803:

I have also tried disabling all of my plugins which was no help either.

Well, I don't use Netflix, but there have been quite a lot of posts on these forums about them.
    The two main problems seem to be:

1. About a year ago, needed to change the Browser User Agent as Netflix did not recognise Vivaldi. This should be OK now though.

2. You need the "Widevine CDM" plug-in. So make sure you have NOT disabled this.

You don't mention if it worked on previous versions of Vivaldi so just to check:-
    you need Codecs etc. So if you have Windows N version then try installing

• Windows Media Player
    • Media Feature Pack

• @TbGbe I did check the Widevine CDM plugin. It was not set to always run so I changed that however that did not seem to make a difference. I have windows media player but I am unsure what Media Feature Pack is. Also I am running windows 10 if that helps.

• @UndeadHacker said in Netflix Error Code M7053-1803:

I am unsure what Media Feature Pack is.

It depends on which Windows 10 you have. You need it if you you have "Windows N ".
    See https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/3133719/media-feature-pack-for-n-editions-of-windows-10-version-1607

• @TbGbe Note: You may already have all the codecs etc. This is just to be sure.

If it still doesn't work, can you describe what happens in more detail?

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.